PDA

View Full Version : Live Updates from the Debate

John Taylor
04-05-2010, 03:53 PM
This gentleman is tweeting live updates from the debate: his last post: (http://twitter.com/BryanJMills)

"Wait civility has ended Grayson just started attacking Rand Paul".

Does anyone have a live video feed for this?

***This gentleman, from his list of those he is "following", appears to be more of a Trey-McConnell guy... just an fyi***

****Although, he does say "Rand Paul's Helping Hands - New Pro-Life Commercial - Very Moving" and "You are invited to join the Constitutional Conservatives of Kentucky Facebook Group", so he may not be the enemy!!!****

chiefsmurph
04-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks for that. And yes a video feed would be pretty nice.

BamaFanNKy
04-05-2010, 04:35 PM
No video. This debate seems pretty worthless to those who aren't there. Trey supposedly said he's against the bailouts.

So, shall we say he's condemning the senior Senator's stance and leadership?

John Taylor
04-05-2010, 04:41 PM
No video. This debate seems pretty worthless to those who aren't there. Trey supposedly said he's against the bailouts.

So, shall we say he's condemning the senior Senator's stance and leadership?

This is true, but remember, when guys like this guy, the Laurel County GOP Chair, are outright negative about Trey Grayson's attacks, that bodes well for Rand.

BamaFanNKy
04-05-2010, 04:45 PM
This is true, but remember, when guys like this guy, the Laurel County GOP Chair, are outright negative about Trey Grayson's attacks, that bodes well for Rand.

Bryan's always been a Rand guy. He even was slammed by the other website (not Mommy but the other too you know what) for his support and comments on Rand's popularity.

John Taylor
04-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Bryan's always been a Rand guy. He even was slammed by the other website (not Mommy but the other too you know what) for his support and comments on Rand's popularity.

Gotcha, well, I learn a bunch of things every day! Thanks for the info.

BamaFanNKy
04-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Gotcha, well, I learn a bunch of things every day! Thanks for the info.

I understand. Hell, your doing better than most who live here.

New2Libertarianism
04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I was there. Paul called out wasteful spending by both dems. and reps. and called out Palin's bridge to nowhere specifically.

Gurley Martin came in late and couldn't hear the questions, so he had to read them himself. Kind of sad.

BamaFanNKy
04-05-2010, 07:10 PM
I was there. Paul called out wasteful spending by both dems. and reps. and called out Palin's bridge to nowhere specifically.

Gurley Martin came in late and couldn't hear the questions, so he had to read them himself. Kind of sad.

Eh. Dude's a war hero and aging. I'm glad he was allowed to participate. He's a Ron Paul fan as well.

Nathan Hale
04-06-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm still upset that there wasn't a camera in the crowd.

Lord Xar
04-06-2010, 02:14 PM
What happened during this debate?

There seems to be very little information regarding who 'won' etc..

Nathan Hale
04-06-2010, 02:28 PM
What happened during this debate?

There seems to be very little information regarding who 'won' etc..

To build on this, who was the crowd favorite? Was there a lot of Rand support? A lot of drummed-up support from the little guys in the race? Or maybe (eww) Trey support?

TheTyke
04-06-2010, 02:57 PM
The debate was hilarious on many levels.

All five of the remaining candidates were involved. Grayson attacked Rand pretty much non-stop, and tried to paint him as weird. It backfired though, because pretty much everyone on stage was following Rand in opposing the federal government's role in education, environmental controls, drug war etc. Grayson kept saying we shouldn't be "reckless" and "throw the baby out with the bathwater" and that federal help was an important part of all these things.

One on one, it might have worked... but sticking up for the federal government against 4 other candidates just made Treyson look like the status quo, big government guy that he is.

Rand put in a very solid, polished performance. I think better than last time. At the end, Rand listed his endorsements (Palin, Northern KY Right to Life, Gun Owners etc.) When it got to Treyson, he was like "A large number of elected officials have endorsed me..." - which just reaffirmed the overall feeling that he was the insider... I loved it!

And I believe Treyson once again called for the abolition of private ownership in the economy. I couldn't believe my ears!

Edit: Although it was supposed to be another "no applause" debate, our opponent's supporters started clapping after one of his attacks... at this debate, unlike the first, we fired back and gave Rand some really loud support until they silenced us again. Rand Paul had great, audible support at this one. :)

I know several sources recorded the debate, I can't wait to see it again...

MRoCkEd
04-06-2010, 03:11 PM
The debate was hilarious on many levels.

All five of the remaining candidates were involved. Grayson attacked Rand pretty much non-stop, and tried to point him as weird. It backfired though, because pretty much everyone on stage was following Rand in opposing the federal government's role in education, environmental controls, drug war etc. Grayson kept saying we shouldn't be "reckless" and "throw the baby out with the bathwater" and that federal help was an important part of all these things.

One on one, it might have worked... but sticking up for the federal government against 4 other candidates just made Treyson look like the status quo, big government guy that he is.

Rand put in a very solid, polished performance. I think better than last time. At the end, Rand listed his endorsements (Palin, Northern KY Right to Life, Gun Owners etc.) When it got to Treyson, he was like "A large number of elected officials have endorsed me..." - which just reaffirmed the overall feeling that he was the insider... I loved it!

And I believe Treyson once again called for the abolition of private ownership in the economy. I couldn't believe my ears!

Edit: Although it was supposed to be another "no applause" debate, our opponent's supporters started clapping after one of his attacks... at this debate, unlike the first, we fired back and gave Rand some really loud support until they silenced us again. Rand Paul had great, audible support at this one. :)

I know several sources recorded the debate, I can't wait to see it again...
Great update!

BamaFanNKy
04-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Tyke, his new name is TrA.I.G.rayson.

dr. hfn
04-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Great update!

agreed!

BamaFanNKy
04-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Here is a link to WYMT's story on the debate:
http://www.wkyt.com?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4679547&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Matt Collins
04-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Please tell me that you have this recorded. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Agorism
04-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Ya it's been posted over and over already.

TheTyke
04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Please tell me that you have this recorded. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't personally have any good recording equipment. But I understand it was recorded by a number of sources.

Nathan Hale
04-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't personally have any good recording equipment. But I understand it was recorded by a number of sources.

O. M. G. Tubes!!!!

low preference guy
04-06-2010, 09:16 PM
YouTube - US Senate Republican Debate 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wz-dZKhqdU)

Dreamofunity
04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
The audio on that is horrible.

Is that guy singing? wtf.

I'd vote for him.

Nathan Hale
04-08-2010, 05:31 PM
What a cock tease for the times tribune! I scoured their youtube channel and got nothing but that part I entry, which was offered three days ago. BS!