PDA

View Full Version : New Hostettler ad

erowe1
04-05-2010, 09:01 AM
YouTube - JohnHostettler "What Happened to Dan Coats?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vejA3OSlSwA)

Agorism
04-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Is this getting air time or internet ad?

Seems a little long for tv.

erowe1
04-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Is this getting air time or internet ad?

Seems a little long for tv.

I assume just internet.

MRoCkEd
04-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Nice
How is John looking in the primary, and when is the primary?

John Taylor
04-05-2010, 10:51 AM
YouTube - JohnHostettler "What Happened to Dan Coats?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vejA3OSlSwA)

Great Ad! I think that once we get Rand through the KY primary, we should turn our fire towards helping Hostettler beat out Coats and Stulzman.

Stulzman is a neo-con, and some establishment types are backing him because they know a strong social conservative will help split support from Hostettler, thus dividing the tea partiers and giving Coats the nomination. We shouldn't let that happen.

Sure Hostettler isn't perfect, but he'd make a great addition to the Senate, especially besides Rand Paul.

low preference guy
04-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Great Ad! I think that once we get Rand through the KY primary, we should turn our fire towards helping Hostettler beat out Coats and Stulzman.

Hostettler's primary is before Rand's.

Bergie Bergeron
04-05-2010, 12:41 PM
I'd support John Dennis.

erowe1
04-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Nice
How is John looking in the primary, and when is the primary?

The primary is May 4.

It's really hard to say how well he's doing. There haven't been any polls for the primary yet. I think we can take for granted that Coats will have more money. But nobody is on the air anywhere yet, as far as I know, and Coats' campaign definitely hasn't taken off the way the party leaders wanted it to. I think it's safe to say that Hostettler's odds are better than any other candidate that's being promoted here except for Rand.

erowe1
04-05-2010, 02:32 PM

Stulzman is a neo-con, and some establishment types are backing him because they know a strong social conservative will help split support from Hostettler, thus dividing the tea partiers and giving Coats the nomination. We shouldn't let that happen.

Sure Hostettler isn't perfect, but he'd make a great addition to the Senate, especially besides Rand Paul.

Like LPG said, the Indiana primary is first, not Kentucky's.

I agree that Hostettler's not perfect. But neither is any other candidate most of us are backing here. The biggest thing that differentiates Hostettler from the rest is that he's the only one with a voting record to pick at, so no matter how many good votes (as well as bills he sponsored that didn't get voted on--more and more I'm impressed by that than I am the votes themselves) he has, he also has a handful of bad ones, and some people want to use those as litmus tests.

Nathan Hale
04-06-2010, 06:16 AM
I'd support John Dennis.

A Senate race, especially one where the odds of winning are much greater, should garner more of our attention than a house race in a district that can only charitably be considered competitive.

TCE
04-06-2010, 05:21 PM
A Senate race, especially one where the odds of winning are much greater, should garner more of our attention than a house race in a district that can only charitably be considered competitive.

And even saying that is generous. John Dennis has no chance, period.

Brian4Liberty
04-13-2010, 11:32 AM

I agree that a Senate seat is a higher priority than a House seat. And a more winnable race should have higher priority too. That being said, we should support all of our candidates in one way or another.

Would a money-bomb help Hostettler at this time? As his Primary is coming up soon, time is short.

At the very least we should contact anyone we know in Indiana and ask them to support Hostettler.

Jordan
04-13-2010, 12:40 PM
I agree that a Senate seat is a higher priority than a House seat. And a more winnable race should have higher priority too. That being said, we should support all of our candidates in one way or another.

Would a money-bomb help Hostettler at this time? As his Primary is coming up soon, time is short.

At the very least we should contact anyone we know in Indiana and ask them to support Hostettler.

Hostettler has proven time and time again that he can win without big money. He's won several house elections, all of which he had considerably less funds than his competitors.

This election is going to be extremely close. Hostettler is going to bring in HUGE support from southern Indiana, but its up north where he may run into trouble. Only time will tell...

AuH20
04-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Does anyone realize that a scumbag like Coats will be in the Senate for 6 long years? The seriousness of the race really sinks in, when you weigh the consequences. Hostettler better get his organization moving and I'll do my best to support him.

Melissa
04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
I have a meeting with Hostettler tomorrow he is supposed to come on my show I will put it up after I am done any questions that any one have for him it is only half hour show but my biggest question is his vote on the Patriot act

Brian4Liberty
04-13-2010, 01:24 PM
I have a meeting with Hostettler tomorrow he is supposed to come on my show I will put it up after I am done any questions that any one have for him it is only half hour show but my biggest question is his vote on the Patriot act

Good question. But isn't it interesting how we attack our own? We can agree with each other 99% of the time, and yet we spend our time debating/attacking each other?

Will you be asking Coats any questions?

Melissa
04-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Good question. But isn't it interesting how we attack our own? We can agree with each other 99% of the time, and yet we spend our time debating/attacking each other?

Will you be asking Coats any questions?

I have tried to contact Coats but I guess my little show is not good enough. I am not attacking Hostettler at all just have some questions and what you dont understand is even though we agree what happens if the 1% you disagree is your own personal issue and it is what I use a litmus test. I hope he can clear it up for me so I can support him because as right now the others look even worse. I just want to be able to support him fully not just cast my vote for him because the others are worse

Brian4Liberty
04-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I have tried to contact Coats but I guess my little show is not good enough. I am not attacking Hostettler at all just have some questions and what you dont understand is even though we agree what happens if the 1% you disagree is your own personal issue and it is what I use a litmus test. I hope he can clear it up for me so I can support him because as right now the others look even worse. I just want to be able to support him fully not just cast my vote for him because the others are worse

Like you said, the others are much worse. It's not the lesser of two evils if one is not particularly evil, and you only have a small disagreement with him.

My question suggestions (fiscal):

- Are you a fiscal conservative?
- Are you for a limited government?
- What was your position on TARP? On the Stimulus program?
- Are you willing to cut any and all Federal Programs?
- Are there any sacred cows you would never cut back on? (We can't have sacred cows!)
- Are you willing to cut programs and budgets in the face of opposition from powerful special interest groups?