PDA

View Full Version : Could Obama get a Democrat challenge to re-election ?

Elbridge Gerry
04-05-2010, 08:07 AM
With the downward spiral of the economy worsened by back-roomed deals to Rahm healthcare down our throats, a new proposal to give Israel $3 billion in foreign aid for defense in 2011, and really no change in the interventionist, expansionist-like foreign policy of fascism (as long as the enemy won't retaliate while BO is in office) . . .

ya' can't help but see this guy is setting up the nation for total disaster.

Could there be an anti-ObamaCare Democrat willing to take him on for the Dim Party nomination in 2012 ?

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/hopeychangey.jpg

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/panamajohn/ObamaBush2.jpg

MelissaWV
04-05-2010, 08:35 AM
With the downward spiral of the economy worsened by back-roomed deals to Rahm healthcare down our throats, a new proposal to give Israel $3 billion in foreign aid for defense in 2011, and really no change in the interventionist, expansionist-like foreign policy of fascism (as long as the enemy won't retaliate while BO is in office) . . .

ya' can't help but see this guy is setting up the nation for total disaster.

Could there be an anti-ObamaCare Democrat willing to take him on for the Dim Party nomination in 2012 ?

I've talked about this before, too. I don't think it will result in any real change, mind you, but it might end up being a good opportunity for the Democrats to do something like this. Obama as the sacrificial lamb, maybe, but he got a lot of the agenda passed and set the stage for any contrarian to get elected. Right now, there are a lot of folks who do not like the GOP, but also don't like where the country is. While neither party thinks a 3rd party candidate would get elected, I'm sure they're afraid of a "wild card" making the election less certain. A way to circumvent this is for a Democrat to appear to want to "rein in Government" and "really end the wars" and "control spending." They'd have to find a Democrat that either never really loved Obama, or who did and who has "reformed." This would keep the votes two-party faithful, and might give whoever the GOP puts forth a run for their money.

Obama is not a sure thing for a second term. Not even the threat of "If you don't vote for him, you're a racist" will help that much this time around.

fuzzybekool
04-05-2010, 08:50 AM
It doesn't matter. Obama is a "OTP" - Jimmy Carter Style