PDA

View Full Version : I think this one is on Ron Paul..

Taco John
10-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Dr. Paul, I love you... But you're in a presidential forum, and it's time to start getting more assertive.

Brownback does something very crucial that you need to start doing, sir. He has his messages prepared before the debate, and he makes sure that he delivers those messages clearly and consicely, regardless of what the question asked is.

Sir, I cannot pick out a central theme, a unified message that you clearly got across tonight for voters to latch onto. This economic forum should have been bread and butter for us, with everybody fat and happy knowing that no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't squash your message. That didn't happen tonight. You almost looked unprepared. Certainly the message didn't get out.

Finally, sir... You need to start making clear distinctions between yourself and your opponents positions. They are trying to blur your message by speaking about how on board they are with it, and you're letting them get away with that. When you say something that they think is completely wrong, THEY get assertive and see it as an opportunity to score points -- so they challenge you on it. It's time, sir, to start holding some feet to the fire. You're simply not going to be able to break through the next stage until you start challenging their positions on individual levels.

You've got my vote regardless, sir... But it's just going to be you, me, and the rest of these good folks unless you start getting more assertive. This is going to be a lot more scrappy than a congressional race. Right now, your base feels like we've just gotten our lunch eaten. We love you, and we'll support you... But we need your air cover when it comes to these other candidates. We need your talking points on how to attack these guys piece by piece. And we need you to step up on the stage like you are a $5 million dollar man and get our money's worth.

Faithfully,
a rEVOLutionary

Chester Copperpot
10-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Funny, i just had this discussion today with a friend... Ron Paul is like the only guy who answers the questions they ask... The other guys have prepared speeches so when they get asked a question... regardless of what they are asked// they give a real short answer then go right into their prepared speech on whatever...

At least with Ron Paul maybe this is why all ears are on him when he talks.. He actually says something,.

bobmurph
10-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Dr. Paul, I love you... But you're in a presidential forum, and it's time to start getting more assertive.

Brownback does something very crucial that you need to start doing, sir. He has his messages prepared before the debate, and he makes sure that he delivers those messages clearly and consicely, regardless of what the question asked is.

Sir, I cannot pick out a central theme, a unified message that you clearly got across tonight for voters to latch onto. This economic forum should have been bread and butter for us, with everybody fat and happy knowing that no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't squash your message. That didn't happen tonight. You almost looked unprepared. Certainly the message didn't get out.

Finally, sir... You need to start making clear distinctions between yourself and your opponents positions. They are trying to blur your message by speaking about how on board they are with it, and you're letting them get away with that. When you say something that they think is completely wrong, THEY get assertive and see it as an opportunity to score points -- so they challenge you on it. It's time, sir, to start holding some feet to the fire. You're simply not going to be able to break through the next stage until you start challenging their positions on individual levels.

You've got my vote regardless, sir... But it's just going to be you, me, and the rest of these good folks unless you start getting more assertive. This is going to be a lot more scrappy than a congressional race. Right now, your base feels like we've just gotten our lunch eaten. We love you, and we'll support you... But we need your air cover when it comes to these other candidates. We need your talking points on how to attack these guys piece by piece. And we need you to step up on the stage like you are a $5 million dollar man and get our money's worth.

Faithfully,
a rEVOLutionary

While Paul does have some room for improvement in this area, he still is far more concise & to the point than all the other GOP candidates.

Cindy
10-09-2007, 08:49 PM
I hear you and yet, Paul was asked such stupid questions, he really didn't have a chance to do that tonight. The one time he did, Huckaboo cut him off.

I suppose he could've just said whatever he wanted too when they gave him the floor, then, they would've done reports on how Paul evades questions and not what BRILLIANT messages he evaded them with.

It's clear 90% of us think this debate was a disaster, for ALL of them!

The only thing I remeber Paul saying was, " NO! I wouldn't support any of these war mongering ass clowns if they get the Republican nomination. "

I agree he does need to get soundbites prepared for every issue, AND learn how to but in like the others do.

allyinoh
10-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Funny, i just had this discussion today with a friend... Ron Paul is like the only guy who answers the questions they ask... The other guys have prepared speeches so when they get asked a question... regardless of what they are asked// they give a real short answer then go right into their prepared speech on whatever...

At least with Ron Paul maybe this is why all ears are on him when he talks.. He actually says something,.

I 100% agree with you.

Taco John
10-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Ron Paul needs to act like a front runner on that stage. He needs to act like it's him vs. every other pro-war candidate and start challenging them on this basis.

He's not going to get anywhere patiently waiting for his turn.

xerxesdarius
10-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I think that everything about RP comes off as genuine, from his occational lack of polish to his general respect for his opponents, even when they are disrespectful. Do not underestimate his appeal as an everyman.

Geronimo
10-09-2007, 09:00 PM
I though that his calling everybody out on being nothing more than pro-war propaganda was rather assertive.

Ron looked really pissed tonight.

I can't say that I blame him.

stevedasbach
10-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Ron's debate coverage has been excellent. More people will read/hear/see that coverage than saw/heard the debate itself.

me3
10-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Ron's looked a little haggard and wore down lately. I'm wondering if the frenetic pace of campaigning since the $5 million announcement has been too large a burden.

I'll agree that he needs to be more prepared, a lot of his speaking is off the cuff, and at times, sounds unprepared.

That said, I don't want to see him get into mudslinging matches. The way he shut down Romney was perfect. I wish they had shown Mitt's evil smiling face when he was being taken to the woodshed.

Folks, have some faith in Paul. The things that attracted you to him are still there. The message is profound and true. The only thing we are missing is more exposure, not sideshow theatrics and mugging for the cameras.

NewEnd
10-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Wow

That's a lot of words.

Now try and say what you meant in 30 seconds when asked the question "Will Hillary Clinton be the democratic presidential candidate?"

I do not want Ron Paul to change. The guy is starting to show how a classy conservtive opposes the war, as opposed to an angry, frothing liberal. Both are right, one is just WAY better at getting their point across.

klamath
10-09-2007, 09:14 PM
You want him to be like Brownbeck? Did you see a 2000 person rally outside for Brownbeck? RP's apeal is he isn't a slick politician. I for one am so completely sick of canned carefully perpared messages.

Hope
10-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I think your letter needs to be re-worded. Let me try to sum it up.

"Sir, you're too honest and to-the-point. I think you need to try the methods that such successful candidates as Sam Brownback and Mike Huckabee employ. I know that together they couldn't raise as much money as you did in one week, but please, sir -- follow their example and conform. Rehearse your answers and ignore the questions. Your message will not be heard if you are respectful, sincere and polite. That isn't professional. Repeat a few soundbytes over and over again, that's the only way to win people over."

Seriously, it's the fact that Ron Paul dares to be candid and honest that sets him apart from the other nine candidates on stage. The others have to give the audience a cue when they're about to say something "straight," and usually even then it isn't really more than a talking point. Ron Paul, though a politician, has the amazing ability of talking without a mask in front of his face or a hand up his ass. That alone will make people take a second look at his candidacy.

freedominnumbers
10-09-2007, 09:21 PM
I think Ron Paul needs to do exactly what he does except for one thing.

In these poorly moderated debates with no real order or time constraints I think he needs to interrupt Romney and Giuliani and call them out when they are taking a dump on the ears of America.

I appreciate that he sticks to the rules in somewhat fairly moderated debates like the value voters debate. In free for alls like this one however he gives up much opportunity to make himself heard.

Paul4Prez
10-09-2007, 09:24 PM

If Ron Paul copied Sam Brownback, this campaign would be dead in the water, instead of gaining steam every day.

Ron Paul was very assertive tonight, and very presidential.

RP4ME
10-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Ron's debate coverage has been excellent. More people will read/hear/see that coverage than saw/heard the debate itself.

yes thank you God! It has been great - Matthews realy hooked him and Kudlow was good too. But he does need to deman that air time and correct those that misrepresent him....and get in what he needs to get in - he had openings and didnt always follow through!

JPFromTally
10-09-2007, 10:12 PM
If you watch the debates the second time you start thinking - "holy crap, did he just have the balls to say that?"

Taco John
10-09-2007, 10:41 PM
I think your letter needs to be re-worded. Let me try to sum it up.

"Sir, you're too honest and to-the-point. I think you need to try the methods that such successful candidates as Sam Brownback and Mike Huckabee employ. I know that together they couldn't raise as much money as you did in one week, but please, sir -- follow their example and conform. Rehearse your answers and ignore the questions. Your message will not be heard if you are respectful, sincere and polite. That isn't professional. Repeat a few soundbytes over and over again, that's the only way to win people over."

Seriously, it's the fact that Ron Paul dares to be candid and honest that sets him apart from the other nine candidates on stage. The others have to give the audience a cue when they're about to say something "straight," and usually even then it isn't really more than a talking point. Ron Paul, though a politician, has the amazing ability of talking without a mask in front of his face or a hand up his ass. That alone will make people take a second look at his candidacy.

The problem tonight was not that Ron Paul was "to the point."

I understand that people are going to be critical of anyone being critical of Ron Paul. I am merely conveying to him the information that I would relay to him if he were my client and I were getting paid to give him professional advice (I've got a workshop with a paying client in Seattle this next week to give a workshop on how they can better get their points across in media interviews).

Ron Paul's performance tonight was a wonderful performance for those of us already drinking the Ron Paul punch. But he didn't do a lot tonight to generate a lot of fresh excitement about his campaign with that debate performance. I'm confident that there is still time, but I believe that Dr. Paul needs to step up his game. Fred Thompson is going to get the momentum boost tonight that we were looking for.

Ozwest
10-09-2007, 10:41 PM
If you aren't observant enough to understand what happened debate time, you have fallen into Charlottes Web .

SeanEdwards
10-09-2007, 10:47 PM
I thought Paul did well. He got to fire away on monetary policy and foreign policy and failing to understand the Constitution. It's real easy for people to think of great responses after the fact, but to be the one on the spot with a 30 second timer and a few million people looking at you is a little bit harder.

speciallyblend
10-09-2007, 10:56 PM
He did fine and his digg at romney lawyers statement,was dead on CORRECT,we should hopefully see that all over one of the news stations tomorrow,hopefully:)