PDA

View Full Version : MSM busted: 40% of Tea Partiers are Dems and Independents

lynnf
04-05-2010, 03:00 AM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/04/04/40-tea-partiers-are-dems-and-independents-how-will-media-report-news

For almost a year, the mainstream media have depicted members of the Tea Party movement as racist, right-wing extremists.

On Sunday, a survey was released finding 40 percent of Tea Partiers are Democrats and Independents.

--------------------------------------

lynn

AuH20
04-05-2010, 07:58 AM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/04/04/40-tea-partiers-are-dems-and-independents-how-will-media-report-news

For almost a year, the mainstream media have depicted members of the Tea Party movement as racist, right-wing extremists.

On Sunday, a survey was released finding 40 percent of Tea Partiers are Democrats and Independents.

--------------------------------------

lynn

Didn't I tell everyone this? The whole co-opt theme is nonsense. They can't co-opt something they never owned to begin with.

wizardwatson
04-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Didn't I tell everyone this? The whole co-opt theme is nonsense. They can't co-opt something they never owned to begin with.

I disagree. They're co-opting the message, that's the problem. "Tea Party" is now synonymous with Palin, Beck, Hannity, and (puke) Karl Rove.

They are painting the roots of the Tea Party as the "co-opters". That is what I, and others, mean when we say they are "co-opting" it.

Bern
04-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Racists!

AuH20
04-05-2010, 08:13 AM
I disagree. They're co-opting the message, that's the problem. "Tea Party" is now synonymous with Palin, Beck, Hannity, and (puke) Karl Rove.

They are painting the roots of the Tea Party as the "co-opters". That is what I, and others, mean when we say they are "co-opting" it.

With the MSM, they are, but at the ground level it's diversely anti-government as opposed to pro-Republican.

Romulus
04-05-2010, 11:16 AM
It says Independents or Dems... those aren't the same.. I bet 1 out of 10 is a dem and 3 is an ind.