PDA

View Full Version : ABC, CBS Evening News Continue To Hemorrhage Viewers

Anti Federalist
04-04-2010, 10:19 PM
ABC, CBS Evening News Continue To Hemorrhage Viewers

CNN isn't the only news network struggling to bring in viewers.

Evening news broadcasts at major networks are suffering, too.

According to Bill Carter at the New York Times, ABC's World News with Diane Sawyer had its worst quarter since 1987. CBS' Evening News with Katie Couric hit a new low starting in January.

But Brian Williams' Nightly News at NBC got a boost with its best first quarter in four years (thanks, Olympics).

Over all, Q1 numbers were:

NBC (GE): 9.92 million viewers

ABC (DIS): 8.27 million

CBS (CBS): 6.45 million

"The number of viewers still watching the three shows together — more than 24 million in the first quarter — continue to dwarf any news program on cable," Carter notes.

But evening news casts continue to lose their viewers to cable networks and Internet news coverage. In an effort to make up the difference in dipping ad revenue, broadcasts have been cutting hundreds of newsroom staffers. ABC News is also looking at new revenue streams like paywalls for their websites and adding video onto ad-supported sites like Hulu.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/nbc-abc-cbs-evening-news-continue-to-lose-viewers-2010-4#ixzz0kCE0TOVh

pcosmar
04-04-2010, 10:21 PM
There should be a False Flag event soon. It will likely boost their viewers.
:(

yoshimaroka
04-04-2010, 10:28 PM
The mainstream is no longer mainstream. Only 24 million viewers?

Things are splintered and more people are sticking in their own niche thanks to the internet and other forms of content delivery.

Slutter McGee
04-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Viewership is dropping because we can get all that news on the internet. Bring in some real investigative reporting, rather than bullshit designed to support preconieved notions and politics and you will see viewership rise.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

bchavez
04-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Get my news from internet too.. podcasts... Wall Street Unspun, Nightly News / Brian Williams, Countdown (i like to know what the liberals are talking about so I'm better prepared to defeat their nonsense arguments)

all within Miro.

Haven't turned on a TV in years...

bucfish
04-04-2010, 10:50 PM
If there is another false flag, I am sure the sheep will see the truth on the internet and continue the MSM decline. The MSM has lost their way. The people want the truth and the MSm only gives them a bunch of BS.

Rael
04-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Good. F' em.

liberalnurse
04-05-2010, 04:04 AM
On coast to coast the other night, they had the Web Bot guys on. One of the trends they mentioned is that the MSM will be bascially irrelevent in a year as more people are turning to alternative news sources. And the increasing distrust of the MSM.

DamianTV
04-05-2010, 05:03 AM
If there is another false flag, I am sure the sheep will see the truth on the internet and continue the MSM decline. The MSM has lost their way. The people want the truth and the MSm only gives them a bunch of BS.

As an employee of an NBC affiliate, I can verify this statement.

NBC: Nuthin But Crap (a.k.a. BS)

Stary Hickory
04-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Their propaganda has lost it's shine. It's about time. My theory is the internet is decimating them. Free market in information FTW! They had a long run in the government sponsored monopoly. Now that's over the people have choices.

Rot in Hell

CBS, ABC...and hopefully soon NBC

Travlyr
04-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Looks like it's about time for a "network news" bailout.

Bern
04-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Rip msm

paulitics
04-05-2010, 08:17 AM
I loved the comments. It sounds like the people are awake over there.

fuzzybekool
04-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Truth eventually overcomes. Thank you Al Gore for the internet, lol.

catdd
04-05-2010, 09:07 AM
"It's all that damn internet's fault!"

DamianTV
04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Rip msm

RIP? R U SRS? Rest in Peace? The hell with that happy horse shit, BURN IN HELL BEYOTCHEZ!

Athan
04-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Good. F' em.

Ditto. They can suck it.