PDA

View Full Version : Reports from the ground please :)

Moxxar
04-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted, but the Rand Paul campaign has got me excited and anxious about a political campaign again. Now because most of us are not in the area and are unable to help out (I'm overseas for example) I'm sure everyone is curious what the situation on the ground is.

Basically my question is, for all you people canvassing and campaigning for Rand in Kentucky, can you give us a feel/idea for what the situation is. How are the people responding? How are they responding to your canvassing? What is the situation with signs? Do you think he'll be able to win. I'm dying to know. :)

Ofcourse, if your time is precious and you'd rather be spending it canvassing, please do that! :cool:

amisspelledword
04-04-2010, 07:00 PM
im in a northern KY county and i like to count the Rand signs as i drive around. there are tons. even at businesses!

i have never seen a Grayson yard sign and only 2 grayson bumper stickers. ive seen a couple of Rand bumper stickers + my own.

TruthisTreason
04-04-2010, 07:27 PM
im in a northern KY county and i like to count the Rand signs as i drive around. there are tons. even at businesses!

i have never seen a Grayson yard sign and only 2 grayson bumper stickers. ive seen a couple of Rand bumper stickers + my own.

It's pretty much the same story in southern KY.

Signs are popping up everywhere!

Agorism
04-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Signs for who?

Matt Collins
04-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Signs for who?
"Matt Collins for galactic emperor" ;):p

TruthisTreason
04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Signs for who?

Rand Paul!

KanTuck22
04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I work in Lexington and live in Mt. Sterling and have yet to see a Trey Grayson bumper sticker or yard sign. I see Rand Paul bumper stickers and yard signs daily. I canvassed last weekend and had really good response from the people I visited. Said they were going to vote for Rand.

I cannot foresee Rand Paul losing the Primary unless Trey Grayson rigs the election. There is just not enough Trey Grayson support in the state.

IF GRAYSON DECIDES TO RIG THE ELECTION, I HOPE HE ENJOYS HIS STINT IN FEDERAL PRISON. There are insiders in very good positions who will be keeping an eye on things election day.;)

rprprs
04-04-2010, 07:54 PM
"Matt Collins for galactic emperor" ;):p

No, Matt... He wasn't asking about the signs in YOUR yard. :D

MRoCkEd
04-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Keep the reports coming!

My few days canvassing in Louisville were mostly undecided voters, some strong for Rand, and some weak for Trey.

Matt Collins
04-04-2010, 08:34 PM
IF GRAYSON DECIDES TO RIG THE ELECTION, I HOPE HE ENJOYS HIS STINT IN FEDERAL PRISON. There are insiders in very good positions who will be keeping an eye on things election day.;)What voting method(s) exist in KY? Or better put, what kind of voting machine and tabulation techniques are used?

Gage
04-04-2010, 08:41 PM
What voting method(s) exist in KY? Or better put, what kind of voting machine and tabulation techniques are used?
Here in Indiana we have electronic voting, so I would assume Kentucky would also be using electronic voting, though I'm not 100% sure.

bew2005
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Kentucky used to be strictly electornic voting with no paper trail. Last election, people were given the option to bubble in our choices and let a scantron machine tally the votes (leaving a trail) or an electornic machine.

I asked the worker how most people voted, and she said the vast majority were using the paper system.

sb10
04-04-2010, 09:05 PM
That is great news.

Let's hope the distance between them in the polls remains so up until the election, so that if Trey Grayson tries anything underhanded in the days before the election, it won't make a difference in the outcome.

Agorism
04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
If a portion of the electorate use electronic doesn't that defeat the point?

Thargok
04-04-2010, 09:35 PM
If you want to know what it looks like, it looks like Trey Grayson spends every 2 days mailing out negative fliers while being completely absent from the public mind. I've met him maybe twice, not for lack of trying, he just isn't approachable and spends most his time campaigning from his couch.

amisspelledword
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
i didnt even know a paper ballot was an option in KY

Ethek
04-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Trey paid some teams to go out and pop up some short term signs. They bombed around Man-o-War in Lexington about a week and a half ago. No signs in yards that I can tell.

Canvassing shows a lot of undecideds. If you can get tided into one of the walking efforts and do the Voter ID survey... DO IT.

BamaFanNKy
04-05-2010, 09:49 AM
What voting method(s) exist in KY? Or better put, what kind of voting machine and tabulation techniques are used?

No chads here. All electronic.

BamaFanNKy
04-05-2010, 09:51 AM
I live in Bowling Green. So, you can guess about the sign situation.

I did see two farms with signs right off I-65 with good sized Rand Paul signs.

My house has had the sign up for a while:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs365.snc3/23554_1194845604275_1622493538_30459740_90075_n.jp g

Matt Collins
04-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Trey paid some teams to go out and pop up some short term signs. HA HA HA! Trey has to pay people to put up signs lol.... pathetically lame! :D

Thargok
04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
I live in Bowling Green. So, you can guess about the sign situation.

I did see two farms with signs right off I-65 with good sized Rand Paul signs.

I threw up one a few miles south of Bowling Green on 65 for the SEC Tournament, I'm working on getting something on 75 during the 75-64 merge in Lexington, but haven't had any success yet (it looks like I have a spot just south of the merge on 75)

KanTuck22
04-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I have yet to see a Trey Grayson sign or bumper sticker during my commute from Mount Sterling to Lexington. As a matter of fact, I don't even know what a Trey Grayson bumper sticker or yard sign looks like.

BamaFanNKy
04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
I have yet to see a Trey Grayson sign or bumper sticker during my commute from Mount Sterling to Lexington. As a matter of fact, I don't even know what a Trey Grayson bumper sticker or yard sign looks like.

http://randomviewpoints.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/coexist.jpg