PDA

View Full Version : Robert Ringer on Dictatorship

Old Ducker
04-04-2010, 02:37 PM
The author of 1970's bestsellers Looking out for #1 and Restoring the American Dream puts odds on future events:

•The chances of a declared state of emergency and ensuing dictatorship prior to the 2010 elections: 25%

•The chances of a declared state of emergency and ensuing dictatorship prior to the 2012 elections: 50%

•The chances of the U.S. dollar becoming worthless within three years: 25%

•The chances of the U.S. dollar becoming worthless within ten years: 90%

•The chances of the Republicans cutting back on major entitlements if they regain power in the 2010 elections: Zero

•The chances of the Republicans cutting back on major entitlements if they win the presidency and an overwhelming majority in Congress in 2012: 5%

•The chances of the so-called tea-party people (i.e., everyday Americans who believe in liberty) winning out over the long haul: Hmm … let me procrastinate on that one a bit before I lay odds.

source (http://blog.robertringer.com/2010/03/30/the-coming-dictatorship/)

Anti Federalist
04-04-2010, 04:08 PM
•The chances of the Republicans cutting back on major entitlements if they regain power in the 2010 elections: Zero

•The chances of the Republicans cutting back on major entitlements if they win the presidency and an overwhelming majority in Congress in 2012: 5%

I don't know if I'd even give them 5 percent odds.