PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove: Tea Parties Should Beware of Conspiracy Types and Ron Paul

RonPaulFanInGA
04-04-2010, 02:03 PM
http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/04/01/karl-roves-advice-for-the-tea-partiers/

Karl Rove's advice to the Tea Party movement:

My advice to them is to keep their distance from any single party and instead influence both parties on debt, spending and an over-reaching federal government. Allowing third-party movements to co-opt the tea partiers' good name, which is happening in Nevada, will only serve to elect opponents of the tea party philosophy of low-taxes and fiscal restraint. It could also discredit the tea party movement.

A small fraction of the tea partiers' leadership are ambitious individuals who haven't been able to hold office in either the GOP or Democratic Party. Some are from fringe groups like the John Birch Society or the remnants of the LaRouchies. Others see the tea party movement as a recruiting pool for volunteers for Ron Paul's next presidential bid.

If tea party groups are to maximize their influence on policy, they must now begin the difficult task of disassociating themselves from cranks and conspiracy nuts. This includes 9/11 deniers, "birthers" who insist Barack Obama was not born in the U.S., and militia supporters espousing something vaguely close to armed rebellion.

phill4paul
04-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Fuck Karl Rove.

Texan4Life
04-04-2010, 02:08 PM
lol what a loser... do ppl actually listen to rove?

speciallyblend
04-04-2010, 02:08 PM
karl love is the definition of big government republican. carl rove is the problem in the gop!!

speciallyblend
04-04-2010, 02:09 PM
lol what a loser... do ppl actually listen to rove?

yeah the failed gop unfortunately!! honestly i do not see the gop winning as much as they think in 2010, unless it is a local ron paul republican running. we plan to send the failed gop packing in summit,eagle and lake county if they do not change some issues soon. if they think winning can be done opposing a 72% voter base. then the gop is in for some bad times in 2010,2011 and 2012 and the future!! no matter what the bs msm tries to say.

pcosmar
04-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Fuck Karl Rove.

Seconded.
Apparently he doesn't want to see Americans united in a common cause and against a common enemy.

speciallyblend
04-04-2010, 02:13 PM
carl rove is just getting ready for the 2012 run of obama/cheney 2012 bring our troops home!!

evilfunnystuff
04-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Karl Rove can "Taste the Rainbow" :eek:

http://thingsthataredoingit.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/129122887309501197.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
04-04-2010, 02:16 PM
yeah the failed gop unfortunately!! honestly i do not see the gop winning as much as they think in 2010, unless it is a local ron paul republican running. we plan to send the failed gop packing in summit,eagle and lake county if they do not change some issues soon. if they think winning can be done opposing a 72% voter base. then the gop is in for some bad times in 2010,2011 and 2012 and the future!! no matter what the bs msm tries to say.

It would be great to get Independents or third party ppl in there. Put a chink in that 2 party, corruption gig.

Still, I like Republicans a lot better and want to see the Dems OUT OF POWER!

-t

Anti Federalist
04-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Well, time to reprise and revise this.:mad:

Hey, Karl Rove:
http://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/johnny-cash-finger-2.jpg?w=541&h=480
Sincerely,
Anti Federalist

TC95
04-04-2010, 02:28 PM
This includes 9/11 deniers, "birthers" who insist Barack Obama was not born in the U.S.

If Karl Rove says it's false then that means it's true.

Cowlesy
04-04-2010, 02:29 PM

Hey, Karl Rove:
http://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/johnny-cash-finger-2.jpg?w=541&h=480
Sincerely,
Anti Federalist

it never gets old!

foofighter20x
04-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't agree with Karl Rove on principle, but he does have a point.

I've observed it time after time at my campus that Truthers, Birthers, and LaRouchies will hand out a flier and the recipient deposits it in the nearest waste bin. I imagine the same would be done with fliers from militant groups.

If you want to believe in that stuff, that's fine by me, but don't ever think for a minute that it's a path to political power. It's more like a path to the political wilderness.

We have a lot of smart people here, but their refusal to realize this is the millstone around the neck of the Liberty movement.

If you are going to believe in this stuff, focus on the issues to which average Americans can relate, get elected, build a reputation as a competent and trustworthy officeholder, and then start asking your questions.

phill4paul
04-04-2010, 02:31 PM

Hey, Karl Rove:
Sincerely,
Anti Federalist

Johnny says that much more eloquently than my posted comment. :D

Anti Federalist
04-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Ron Paul heartily and without reservation endorses JBS and always has.

Should he throw them overboard at this point, because the consummate insider Karl Rove says so?

Karl Rove has no right to comment on anything, considering the dog's breakfast of a mess he turned the GOP into.

Karl Rove should do nothing more than STFU and GTFO, quickly.

I've observed it time after time at my campus that Truthers, Birthers, and LaRouchies will hand out a flier and the recipient deposits it in the nearest waste bin. I imagine the same would be done with fliers from militant groups.

If you want to believe in that stuff, that's fine by me, but don't ever think for a minute that it's a path to political power. It's more like a path to the political wilderness.

We have a lot of smart people here, but their refusal to realize this is the millstone around the neck of the Liberty movement.

If you are going to believe in this stuff, focus on the issues to which average Americans can relate, get elected, build a reputation as a competent and trustworthy officeholder, and then start asking your questions.

tangent4ronpaul
04-04-2010, 02:34 PM

+1776

At the same time, shock tactics can get through subconsciously. Makes um think...

-t

phill4paul
04-04-2010, 02:35 PM
If you want to believe in that stuff, that's fine by me, but don't ever think for a minute that it's a path to political power.

I want the opposite of "political power." It's not my fault the proles play their roles. Some are waking up. Some are not. I don't believe in intellectual dishonesty.

TCE
04-04-2010, 02:36 PM

You have said this multiple times, and I am wondering if you want to put some money on that. I believe almost 100% that no Independents will be elected this year at the federal level, not 1. Everyone will flock back to the GOP and that will be that. I am willing to wager $100 that no Independent will win a Senate seat this year. Only Democrats and Republicans (Rand Paul counts as a Republican). Will anyone take my wager?

Matt Collins
04-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Seconded.
Apparently he doesn't want to see Americans united in a common cause and against a common enemy.Of course not. That's because Karl Rove IS THE COMMON ENEMY!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Please ChipIn to send me to the SRLC (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=238875)to teach this clown a lesson by getting Ron to win the straw poll!

Anti Federalist
04-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I want the opposite of "political power." It's not my fault the proles play their roles. Some are waking up. Some are not. I don't believe in intellectual dishonesty.

Exactly.

Couldn't have said it better.

johnrocks
04-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Fuck Karl Rove.

What he said:mad:

puppetmaster
04-04-2010, 02:55 PM

Hey, Karl Rove:
Sincerely,
Anti Federalist

gotta love this pic....
Iv'e always been crazy but its kept me from going insane....

FrankRep
04-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Some are from fringe groups like the John Birch Society or the remnants of the LaRouchies. Others see the tea party movement as a recruiting pool for volunteers for Ron Paul's next presidential bid.

Karl Rove called out the John Birch Society. LOL. :D

lester1/2jr
04-04-2010, 03:01 PM
conpsiracies like saddam being in kahoots with al queda and buying uranium from niger? I WOULD stay away from people who belive that stuff!

JeNNiF00F00
04-04-2010, 03:04 PM
If it wasnt for Ron Paul there wouldnt be any TEA PARTIES!!!

tremendoustie
04-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Decent people everywhere should beware of thieving, murdering scumbags and Carl Rove.

FrankRep
04-04-2010, 03:07 PM
conpsiracies like saddam being in kahoots with al queda and buying uranium from niger? I WOULD stay away from people who belive that stuff!

Family Guy nails it!
YouTube - Family Guy - Visiting Ground Zero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpP7b2lUxVE)

foofighter20x
04-04-2010, 03:12 PM

I'd accept political power in an instance, precisely because I would refuse to use it, and because having it would mean no one else could use it either. ;)

foofighter20x
04-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Family Guy nails it!
YouTube - Family Guy - Visiting Ground Zero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpP7b2lUxVE)

This.

This too.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Rove needs to be hounded relentlessly, wherever he pokes his head up. He can never be forgiven for his crimes against this country.

phill4paul
04-04-2010, 03:16 PM
I'd accept political power in an instance, precisely because I would refuse to use it, and because having it would mean no one else could use it either. ;)

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. ";)

Agorism
04-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Classic hit job on Ron Paul.

Group him with LaRouchies, birthers, truthers, and conspiracy theorists.

We've never seen this done before of course.

foofighter20x
04-04-2010, 03:19 PM
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. ";)

Precisely why I'd not use it to begin with. ;)

raiha
04-04-2010, 03:23 PM
He can never be forgiven for his crimes against this country.

What about crimes against humanity buddy? If you guys insist on inviting sociopaths into the WH, well.....The Iraqi, on the other hand, had no say.

phill4paul
04-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Precisely why I'd not use it to begin with. ;)

Precisely why the power should not be there for ANYONE to use (or not use) in the first place. Regardless of their intentions.;)

Matt Collins
04-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Classic hit job on Ron Paul.

Group him with LaRouchies, birthers, truthers, and conspiracy theorists.

We've never seen this done before of course.
He is going after Rand too, remember he endorsed Rand's opponent. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Isn't this old news!?!?!!

Looks like Rove's comments were from February:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232164

Matt Collins
04-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Oh and here some of his other comments too:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=237488

catdd
04-04-2010, 05:12 PM
As if.

ctiger2
04-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Fuck Karl Rove.

Short and to the point. +1

Anti Federalist
04-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Isn't this old news!?!?!!

Looks like Rove's comments were from February:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232164

Feh, it's always a good time to bash Karl Rove.

dr. hfn
04-04-2010, 05:58 PM
lmao @ Karl Rove giving orders

dwdollar
04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Somebody should tell Karl Rove his opinion doesn't matter anymore.

foofighter20x
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Feh, it's always a good time to bash Karl Rove.

This is a bandwagon onto which I'll readily jump. :D

MN Patriot
04-04-2010, 07:37 PM

Sometimes conspiracies are TRUE! Iraq DID have yellow cake uranium, but it wasn't widely reported in the news, since the liberal media didn't want to vindicate Bush.

500 tons of uranium shipped from Iraq (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/07/iraq.uranium/)

Mon July 7, 2008
The United States secretly shipped out of Iraq more than 500 tons of low-grade uranium dating back to the Saddam Hussein era, the Pentagon said Monday.
The U.S. military spent $70 million ensuring the safe transportation of 550 metric tons of the uranium from Iraq to Canada, said Pentagon spokesman Brian Whitman.

foofighter20x
04-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Sometimes conspiracies are TRUE! Iraq DID have yellow cake uranium, but it wasn't widely reported in the news, since the liberal media didn't want to vindicate Bush.

500 tons of uranium shipped from Iraq (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/07/iraq.uranium/)

Low grade uranium is used for power generation. I'm not sure it's suitable to be used in a weapon of mass destruction.

Also, I don't recall Iraq having the capability to refine it to weapons-grade quality.

Matt Collins
04-04-2010, 08:32 PM

500 tons of uranium shipped from Iraq (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/07/iraq.uranium/)Why wouldn't the Republicans be screaming this at full volume :confused:

Anti Federalist
04-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Why wouldn't the Republicans be screaming this at full volume :confused:

My guess? Because it came from us and not Niger.

pcosmar
04-04-2010, 09:46 PM
My guess? Because it came from us and not Niger.

They never liked to be reminded of this either,

http://www.grupo-utopia.com/blog/isou/Hypocrisy/rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

Especially since the chemicals were procured with our aid.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-04-2010, 09:51 PM
What are you guys mad for? This is a complement. The fact the Karl Rove doesn't like nor respect RP and his supporters speaks volumes for the movement.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Exactly. :mad:

http://www.grupo-utopia.com/blog/isou/Hypocrisy/rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

Anti Federalist
04-04-2010, 09:52 PM
What are you guys mad for? This is a complement. The fact the Karl Rove doesn't like nor respect RP and his supporters speaks volumes for the movement.

Because it is richly deserved. :D

Matt Collins
04-04-2010, 09:53 PM

I never would've shaken Saddam's hand :rolleyes:

V4Vendetta
04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Hey Karl Rove - about 90 percent of the country thinks you should be in prison. soo umm yeah, your logic and hypocrisy do not matter.

"debt, spending and an over-reaching federal government."

LMAO - good one, let me see...... do you remember 2000 - 2008 by any chance? 8 Years of your life? I mean you WERE in the white house.

Jeros
04-04-2010, 10:08 PM

My thoughts exactly. Since when was political power the goal?

I'm not religious, but didn't the Jews kinda screw themselves by wishing for a king? :D

Give us a king to judge us.” So Samuel prayed to the Lord. And the Lord said to Samuel, “Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them. According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt, even to this day; with which they have forsaken Me and served other gods; so they are doing to you also.

So Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who asked him for a king. And he said, “This will be the behavior of the king who will reign over you: He will take your sons and appoint them for his own chariots and to be his horsemen, and some will run before his chariots. He will appoint captains over his thousands and captains over his fifties, will set some to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and some to make his weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers, cooks, and bakers. And he will take the best of your fields, your vineyards, and your olive groves, and give them to his servants. He will take a tenth of your grain and your vintage, and give it to his officers and servants. And he will take your male servants, your female servants, your finest young men, and your donkeys, and put them to his work. He will take a tenth of your sheep. And you will be his servants. And you will cry out in that day because of your king whom you have chosen for yourselves, and the Lord will not hear you in that day.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2010, 10:14 PM
I never would've shaken Saddam's hand :rolleyes:

:D :D :D :rolleyes:

specsaregood
04-04-2010, 10:32 PM
This includes 9/11 deniers,...

What is the 9/11 denier conspiracy theory? I've heard the "inside job", "let it happen", "controlled demolition", "remote controlled planes", "there were no planes" theories. But I've never heard the theory that 9/11 never happened. Can somebody provide a link to this? Obviously Rove is more up to date on 9/11 conspiracy theories than I am. Or did he just let something slip? :eek: 9/11 never happened?! :eek: What a mindf*ck.

DamianTV
04-05-2010, 05:06 AM

Hey, Karl Rove:
Sincerely,
Anti Federalist

+1776

What he said!

Ron Paul started the Tea Parties, which were promptly taken over by the Tea-O-Cons because it gained so much steam so quickly. Ron didnt personally start it, he just brought people together and we did it ourselves. Everyone else just wants to jump on the "Freedom is popular" bandwagon. I still wont associate myself with the Tea Party, especially having members such as Palin and McCain. Hey, arent they the reason so many people turned their backs on the Republitards anyway?

wizardwatson
04-05-2010, 07:30 AM
This venom is truly from the mouthpiece of the beast. But, as a Wizard, my duty is to face these beasts in whatever form they choose to show themselves. The sorcery of this foul denizen of the underworld is masterful, no doubt, but still no match for the keepers of the flame.

My advice to them is to keep their distance from any single party and instead influence both parties on debt, spending and an over-reaching federal government.

Notice how he starts off with something that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Then it's all downhill.

Allowing third-party movements to co-opt the tea partiers' good name, which is happening in Nevada, will only serve to elect opponents of the tea party philosophy of low-taxes and fiscal restraint. It could also discredit the tea party movement.

First the fact that you are acting like you support the Tea Party movement, is enough for me to distance myself from it eternally. And you're saying it backwards (intentionally no doubt) as it was STARTED by third-party types and people disenfranchised by the two dominating parties. It's the GOP mainstream support that is discrediting it.

A small fraction of the tea partiers' leadership are ambitious individuals who haven't been able to hold office in either the GOP or Democratic Party. Some are from fringe groups like the John Birch Society or the remnants of the LaRouchies. Others see the tea party movement as a recruiting pool for volunteers for Ron Paul's next presidential bid.

Sadly, the Tea Party is no longer what Ron Paul supporters (who started it) intended. Rove and his ilk have co-opted it beyond repair. The "small fraction" that he speaks of is the remnant of those who supported the original message.

If tea party groups are to maximize their influence on policy, they must now begin the difficult task of disassociating themselves from cranks and conspiracy nuts. This includes 9/11 deniers, "birthers" who insist Barack Obama was not born in the U.S., and militia supporters espousing something vaguely close to armed rebellion.

I will translate this last passage for those who do not speak the ancient demonic language of the Balrog:

"If tea party groups wish to align themselves with the wishes of the Great Satan, they must now finish the task of infiltrating and marginalizing the children of the light. We must lie about 9/11. We must ostracize any who criticize servants of the Great Satan. But if all this fails. We must accuse them of inciting war and destroy them once and for all with unadulterated military power that the Great Satan has bestowed upon us."

My Balrog is a little rusty, "Great Satan" in the original text has many translations.

Oh, and in the spirit of the thread....

Hey, Karl.

I'm rubber, your glue, and go fuck yourself.

amy31416
04-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Oh, and in the spirit of the thread....

Hey, Karl.

I'm rubber, you're glue, and go fuck yourself.

I approve of this message. :)

Athan
04-05-2010, 02:12 PM
karl rove is a big fucking neo-con idiot and a participant of treason against the United States. Don't forget Valery Plame.

Anti Federalist
04-05-2010, 03:43 PM
This venom is truly from the mouthpiece of the beast...

Creative, acerbic, hard hitting and full of LulZ.

I Approve.

+1

:D

peacepotpaul
04-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Family Guy nails it!

as they did here!

YouTube - Family Guy makes fun of Creationists (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R6aFsxalM8)