PDA

View Full Version : Moveon.org

Geronimo
10-09-2007, 08:06 PM
What a joke. I can't believe that people actually fall for this propaganda.

0zzy
10-09-2007, 08:18 PM
...? Freedom of Speech?

Hope
10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
You really thought that this deserved it's own speshul post? Geez. You should say it in chat or something. With the New Posts feature down, there's no need to stop up the tubes with completely random stuff.

Geronimo
10-09-2007, 08:25 PM
The name of this forum is general politics and other.

Hope
10-09-2007, 08:31 PM
The name of this forum is general politics and other.

Rest easy knowing you put the other in other.

I wasn't saying this post is off topic. I'm saying it's not insightful or thought provoking in the least. If all you have to say amounts to less than fifteen words, should you really make your very own post? Be considerate.

Geronimo
10-09-2007, 08:34 PM
It was enough to get you to chime in.

Just because I didn't type more than 15 words doesn't mean that moveon.org is nothing more than propaganda.

Hope
10-09-2007, 08:53 PM
It was enough to get you to chime in.

Just because I didn't type more than 15 words doesn't mean that moveon.org is nothing more than propaganda.

I'm not saying moveon.org is anything more than propaganda - I'm saying your post doesn't do ANYTHING for the members of this forum. Does it ask a question? Pose an idea? Discuss a news piece? Does it do anything at all to contribute to a dialogue within the forum setting? Nope. It's the equivalent of "I like pie." It's great you like pie and all, but you should probably either keep that to yourself or bring that up in forum chat. Creating an entirely new thread about it isn't necessary. Maybe if you wrote an in depth essay on moveon.org versus the online Ron Paul movement and its impact on mainstream politics, that'd be something worth posting. But as it stands, there are other posts that deserve the ranking your post is taking up.

I'm chiming in because I think you should show some courtesy. :)

Geronimo
10-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Ok, Mom.

nist7
10-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Some perspective on the MoveOn ad:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vFzs_qCEGxY