PDA

View Full Version : Aldous Huxley on Scientific Dictatorships

Old Ducker
04-03-2010, 12:49 PM
YouTube - Scientific Dictatorships (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4jxNk0Pps4&feature=player_embedded)

Romulus
04-03-2010, 01:22 PM
They have constructed quite the system I have to say. I know many, very intelligent people, who are even duped by it. This is the crossroads, we either enter the dark period, or age of enlightenment. Its up to us.

BenIsForRon
04-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Weird, the video made it seem as if Aldous Huxley endorsed dictatorship. He didn't endorse it, he was just calling it like he saw it.

Andrew-Austin
04-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Alduous Huxley aye? That is one smart authoritative cookie, he must have known what he was talking about. They are still working on coming out with Soma I hear, along with all the "scientific state" control mechanisms, should be any day now.

Anyone ever read his book The Time Machine? Utter rubbish, its basically his idea of where capitalism + evolution will lead, wasn't very good at predicting things there. Brave New World was good but it was also plagiarism.

Anyways I should probably keep in the spirit of all mentions of Huxley on this forum, and be wowed by his status as a snobby intellectual elite caught up in progressive era dogma. I know things because I take him seriously.

They have constructed quite the system I have to say. I know many, very intelligent people, who are even duped by it. This is the crossroads, we either enter the dark period, or age of enlightenment. Its up to us.

No they haven't, not even from "their" standards and perspectives. Its a running joke on us and the sheep that "the system" hasn't flipped over backwards yet.

sevin
04-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Anyone ever read his book The Time Machine? Utter rubbish, its basically his idea of where capitalism + evolution will lead, wasn't very good at predicting things there.
The time machine was written by HG Wells. You should read Huxley's nonfiction book Brave new world revisited. It predicts a lot of what is happening today.

Endgame
04-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Weird, the video made it seem as if Aldous Huxley endorsed dictatorship. He didn't endorse it, he was just calling it like he saw it.

That's Alex Jones for you. His documentary "Endgame", which I liked enough to make my screen name at one time, presents an anti-eugenics film from the 30's as a pro-eugenics film.