PDA

View Full Version : If it makes you feel better...

JPFromTally
10-09-2007, 07:11 PM
The way I look at it, there are 3 main types of mass media:

- TV
- Internet
- Newspapers

We own the internet - no doubt. The other candidates could only dream of having such a huge internet grass-roots presence.

Yes, it's frustrating that the other two mediums don't give us the same type of exposure. But frankly, if I had to choose between the 3 I would choose internet. It's truly the only place where you get the pulse of the people.

I don't think people realize what a paradigm shift it would be if this election is succesful. The fact that the people have risen to reject what is served up as a given is truly a revolution not seen in 40 years.

foofighter20x
10-09-2007, 07:13 PM
4 types.

You left out radio. :p

paulitics
10-09-2007, 07:24 PM
unfortunately tv and radio edge out internet today. This will change within 5 years, but do we have time?

aravoth
10-09-2007, 07:31 PM
unfortunately tv and radio edge out internet today. This will change within 5 years, but do we have time?

Yes, we'll start a free news website. We'll have our own journalists, and our own reporters. We'll advertise it all over the web. We'll have stories in an archive that can be pulled back up for reference. We'll have streaming video for events and live coverage of things. We'll use adobe programs to spice it up a bit. And when the Paradigm shifts, and the internet becomes the major news outlet, we'll already be on top. And we'll be able to cancel out all the rest of the MSM.

We can start by investigating news companies, and running stories about how they have skewed everything.

JPFromTally
10-09-2007, 08:40 PM

I think it's already occuring. Think of how many viral videos make the news nowadays.

UtahApocalypse
10-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes, we'll start a free news website. We'll have our own journalists, and our own reporters. We'll advertise it all over the web. We'll have stories in an archive that can be pulled back up for reference. We'll have streaming video for events and live coverage of things. We'll use adobe programs to spice it up a bit. And when the Paradigm shifts, and the internet becomes the major news outlet, we'll already be on top. And we'll be able to cancel out all the rest of the MSM.

We can start by investigating news companies, and running stories about how they have skewed everything.

there is a site called WikiNews that could be good for this. I would suggest though we cover all kinds of stories and not be biased.

Drknows
10-09-2007, 09:11 PM

Yes i was just thinking this. Why not start a political site like pajamas media and daily kos but more main stream?

We can pretend to be FAIR and Balanced and talk about all the candidates plus mix it in with real journalism you know.... cat stuck in tree rescued by firemen... then slam the left and right wingers.

american.swan
10-09-2007, 09:19 PM

I agree. The Internet hasn't reached it's potential in influencing the masses.

We can't afford TV. We can pay for local radio spots and we can spam newspapers with ads. So basically we are only left with TV.

So lets get crackin' we need to get newspapers regularly running the Ron Paul ads the grassroots movement have created.

We need radio spots with people telling why they are voting for Ron Paul, included in their statement should be "only one to beat hillary" and "the Thomas Jefferson of OUR day."

We need the above two actions to be running in the first 10 primary states. Get this going people. We don't have much time left.

AND DONATE to RON PAUL

Win_Witka
10-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Out of the four choices, I believe the internet will be the main advertisement of the future because you tube and such is all in relation to video, journalism, radio and tv all combined into one.

Paulitician
10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
TV, Newspapers and radio still have a stranglehold on the masses. I don't think that most people are even tuning into the election yet, but if Ron Paul is still very unknown by December, I must say that the masses must be zombies or something to not research all candidates by then.

ronpaulfan
10-10-2007, 12:36 AM

dude, you need to make a pimp movie about going door-to-door with laptops! We can make a new form of media to reach people. Check out "The Ron Paul News Channel" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK8lMqrcc0E

Ozwest
10-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Why is it that nobody is as bitter and twisted as I am about the conduct of the media during this debate? What the f%*ck is the reason of analyzing the media if you don't use the power of knowledge to take them to task?