PDA

View Full Version : Second Census card

Elwar
04-02-2010, 11:04 AM
I received my Census card a few weeks ago, filled out how many people were at my household, and sent it back.

I just received another one yesterday. What should I do with this one?

MelissaWV
04-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I received my Census card a few weeks ago, filled out how many people were at my household, and sent it back.

Shred it. They say they do that in case the first one was lost/misplaced. Honestly, I wonder sometimes if stuff like that is done to see if you change your answers :p

PBrady
04-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Fill it out the same way, and send it back with a pocket constitution with the relevant section highlighted.

Bucjason
04-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Write "Fuck you" on it , and send it back.

Seriously , though , I got an extra one also. I think they mailed it out twice to everyone on purpose, to make sure you got it . ( another waste of money ) . Just ignore it.

MelissaWV
04-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Fill it out the same way, and send it back with a pocket constitution with the relevant section highlighted.

Sending in a second one is probably how they get areas to boost their numbers. They send out documents to, let's say, 1,000,000 households in an area. They get 700,000 back. That's a 70% response rate. Now, they've sent out secondary copies, and they get back 50,000 "duplicates." Now they can boast of a 75% response rate, because they got back 750,000 forms from 1,000,000 households. I don't think it will matter much to them in the grand scheme of things if they oopsie and count you twice. They'll just say you represent the poor or those who are too "afraid" to send their forms back, and so on.

AdamT
04-02-2010, 11:14 AM

Same exact thing happened to me. I tossed the second one.