PDA

View Full Version : In the general election, which Democrat will be harder for Rand to beat?

Fozz
04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Hopefully if Rand wins the primary, which Democrat will be more challenging for Rand?

RonPaulFanInGA
04-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Mongiardo. Even though Paul polls better vs. him right now, and Conway is a much more prolific fundraiser it appears; the fact is Conway has chosen to associate himself with Obama, supporting gay marriage and the "Obamacare" bill recently signed into law. Those are all poison pills in the general election. A conservative democrat like Mongiardo would have a chance.

TCE
04-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Looking like he'll win regardless of which Democrat it is. Mongiardo will win the primary, so best to prepare for a fight against him on May 19.

TheTyke
04-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Mongiardo will be tougher... he's claimed opposition to Cap & Trade and the Health Care Takeover. He has a state-wide network and came close to beating Jim Bunning last election. He appears as a "conservative Democrat."

Conway on the other hand openly supports the health care takeover, fudges on cap & trade, has little sense of propriety. Kentucky roundly rejects stuff like that... the only things he's got going for him are his looks and smooth speaking style.

Slutter McGee
04-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Mongiardo. Even though Paul polls better vs. him right now, and Conway is a much more prolific fundraiser it appears; the fact is Conway has chosen to associate himself with Obama, supporting gay marriage and the "Obamacare" bill recently signed into law. Those are all poison pills in the general election. A conservative democrat like Mongiardo would have a chance.

Yeppers. stole my words. I understand that Conway probably did that to help him win the Democratic Primary, and he probably wouldn't have said it had he been leading in the polls, but he likely screwed any chances in a General.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Matt Collins
04-01-2010, 08:53 PM
It won't matter who the Dems put up, they will not be able to win this cycle.

Fozz
04-01-2010, 08:57 PM
It will be interesting to see a doctor vs doctor Senate election.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-01-2010, 08:58 PM
It will be interesting to see a doctor vs doctor Senate election.

Another reason why Mongiardo would be tougher.

With Conway, it'd be: doctor vs. ambulance chaser.

low preference guy
04-01-2010, 09:06 PM

If those are Mongiardo's positions, I think he will have to outdo Rand in his opposition to Health Care and Cap & Trade to be able to win. You can't outdo Rand on those issues, so I think Mongiardo can't win. What do you think of this perspective?

Fozz
04-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I'd prefer Mongiardo over Grayson.

amisspelledword
04-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Mongiardo is a conservative Democrat????

i dont think it will be hard [at all] to connect him to Obama.

Obama has done great things for the GOP

Dreamofunity
04-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Conway looked smooth when I saw him, haven't seen much of Mongiardo, although if their positions are as stated here Conway would probably be easier to beat - at least in Kentucky.

rprprs
04-02-2010, 04:43 AM
Mongiardo will be tougher... he's claimed opposition to Cap & Trade and the Health Care Takeover. He has a state-wide network and came close to beating Jim Bunning last election. He appears as a "conservative Democrat."

Conway on the other hand openly supports the health care takeover, fudges on cap & trade, has little sense of propriety. Kentucky roundly rejects stuff like that... the only things he's got going for him are his looks and smooth speaking style.

I wouldn't underestimate the power of these two attributes. And Conway has them in spades.

I am convinced that Scott Browns 'looks' helped him gain victory in Massachusetts. And, as we know all too well, 'smooth talk' can propel you all the way to the White House.

Perhaps I'm just too cynical, but I see far too much of the American Idol mentality making its way into the voting booth.

BamaFanNKy
04-02-2010, 05:53 AM
I wouldn't underestimate the power of these two attributes. And Conway has them in spades.

I am convinced that Scott Browns 'looks' helped him gain victory in Massachusetts. And, as we know all too well, 'smooth talk' can propel you all the way to the White House.

Perhaps I'm just too cynical, but I see far too much of the American Idol mentality making its way into the voting booth.
So does our current Senator. He's a dreamboat:
http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/mcconnell_cnn_small.jpg

Aratus
04-02-2010, 09:49 AM
last nite we had a 30,ooo dollar a plate fundraiser in boston...
this is after there was a rally up in maine and three prominent
people looking at our flooding that is now triggering money at
the federal level. our local news even had a clip of our president
inside our MEMA bunker and this pre-recorded clip ran for roughly
ten minutes on ABC. FOX tv highlighted how unresponsive the
oval office was to the plight of Fall River and quite evidently poor
Barney Frank is chopped liver in FOX's book. Our Sec of HOMELAND
SECURITY sees domiciles and apartment buildings and homes and
houses in RHODE ISLAND and yes, the lack of water-tightness said
to her the buildings were not secure? seriously, there are two states
here that are disaster areas given that march's winter melt had record
rains just short of AUGUST of 1955 and its 17 inches way back when!
the white house was clearly more on the ground and hands on than was
the "W" and his Mr. Brown, the dude the ex-potus nicknamed "brownie"!!!
quietly, between the visit most presidential that missed Fall River on the
way up to maine, let alone the place roger williams put on our maps, quietly
we see that our charismatic potus has understood the popular backlash at
kynge george the isolated. he might have prioritized his land-lake flyovers
in a very unique way, but at least he did see the cresting confluence of
several small rivers co-join'd as we now await the high crestings of the
MERRIMACK & CHARLES! he did get an overview as our local roads had all
sorts of detour signs, and people taking amphibious duck boats or row boats
and canoes to their waterlogged houses. thankfully the IRS is letting people
inside the high & now historic flood zone a delay in filing their taxes. we are
clearly economically impacted and thankfully our citizens here are not inside
something as dire as was the poor big easy. practicality may be a trait the
voters shall seek out in the next two and four years, even though the worst
candidate for rand paul is jack conway, in light of the roberts court and a ruling.
both dr. rand paul and kentucky's lt. governor know how to bill mckinley gladhand
without having one's hand bruised or injured. jack conway hopes voters have tv sets...

Aratus
04-02-2010, 10:03 AM
will william johnson + SoS trey grayson + A.G jack conway do a repeat performance in 2014:D
if Lt. Dan and/or Dr. Rand Paul arrive at an elective office? there is a KY governor's run in 2011 but i
don't see RAND doing a "run, rand,run" thingie again in 2011 or 2014 if its pure binary that he wins...now!

KanTuck22
04-04-2010, 08:08 PM
There is some scuttlebutt within some circles that Conway has got some funny business going on in the Attorney General's office. One person even said something about indictments are possible. Is any of it true? I have no clue. Could be rumors started by the Mongiardo camp.