awake
04-01-2010, 06:37 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/29wthtj.png

Andrew-Austin
04-01-2010, 06:43 PM
bow tie - check
huge unapologetic glasses - check
sex appeal - check

Good picture, might have given him a smile or laughing pose though.

BuddyRey
04-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Awesome!

BuddyRey
04-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Bump!

ClayTrainor
04-03-2010, 02:00 AM
Awake, you are on fire lately. amazing pic. I want that as a poster.

Baptist
04-03-2010, 03:14 AM
Thought it was Kissenger at first.

Vessol
04-03-2010, 03:22 AM
<3

BuddyRey
04-03-2010, 04:11 AM
You are incredibly talented.

May I request Lysander Spooner for a future subject? :D

Che
04-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Thought it was Kissenger at first.

lol, two wayyy different ideologues

awake
04-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Thanks

mediahasyou
04-03-2010, 10:55 AM
i love this!!!

mczerone
04-03-2010, 11:27 AM
great portrait - one critique: where's his signature "smirk"? He looks too foreboding and mean.

awake
04-03-2010, 04:02 PM
I will try to do a signature smile attempt...

disorderlyvision
04-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Nice!

I second Lysander Spooner

tremendoustie
04-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Wow, this is outstanding ... where do you learn to draw so well?

BuddyRey
04-16-2010, 06:58 PM
By the way, you don't happen to have a website where you sell these portraits, do you?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
04-16-2010, 07:22 PM
bow tie - check
huge unapologetic glasses - check
sex appeal - check

Good picture, might have given him a smile or laughing pose though.

DAMN!!!! I thought that WAS a picture!!! I didn't know it was painted until I looked at it again and saw that the bottom wasn't complete.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
You are incredibly talented.

May I request Lysander Spooner for a future subject? :D

yeah it would be cool to have colour portraits of historical libertarians we've only seen in black and white. Lord Acton would be cool too.

BuddyRey
08-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Bump for a great artistic mind who just wowed us on the forums again with his "Liberty Toon" thread.

LibertyVox
08-19-2010, 09:56 AM
:D For a second I thought:

http://www.onepennysheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ben_steingi.jpg

@Awake:

That is some amazing artwork. I mean it is stunning, really.
I have come across a few of your political toons, which I initially thought were cutnpaste jobs, and found them truly entertaining and hard hitting. I mean seriously, I didn't think they were actually your comics until I saw your signed handle AWAKE at the bottom.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2492/demsrepu.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9797/bern.jpg

Truly prodigal work. I mean look at the expression in the second comic, I can literally hear the congressional translator's lazy resigned drawl.

Thank you. Please keep them coming. Amazing stuff.

Vessol
08-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Wow when I first saw this thread I thought it was a photo too. That is a damn good job, props!

awake
08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks guys for the great feed back. I use my talents to further the message.

someperson
08-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Wow when I first saw this thread I thought it was a photo too. That is a damn good job, props!
This! Great stuff, awake :)

LibertarianfromGermany
08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Can you do one of Mises in color (so few goods pictures of him out)? Great job btw!

Wesker1982
08-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys for the great feed back. I use my talents to further the message.

Great work. Hopefully it will inspire the people who haven't read Rothbard's work to read it.

LibertyVox
08-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Great work. Hopefully it will inspire the people who haven't read Rothbard's work to read it.

IS there ANYONE on this forum who has actually read Rothbard's gargantuan monstrous tome?

Rothbardian Girl
08-19-2010, 03:54 PM
IS there ANYONE on this forum who has actually read Rothbard's gargantuan monstrous tome?

I'm 30 pages in! I'll let you know when I'm done. ;) But yes, it is a bit overwhelming to say the least.

Excellent work on the image, awake. I love it. Keep up the great work!

LibertyVox
08-19-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm 30 pages in! I'll let you know when I'm done. ;) But yes, it is a bit overwhelming to say the least.

Excellent work on the image, awake. I love it. Keep up the great work!

Great, maybe you can send me the cliff notes after you're done :)

BuddyRey
08-19-2010, 04:05 PM

Which one? I've listened to Ethics of Liberty and For a New Liberty, but have yet to procure America's Great Depression or Man, Economy and State. It's hard to find audios of these last two on torrent sites. :o

Andrew-Austin
08-19-2010, 04:08 PM

lol, well I own it (assuming you mean MES). I've read maybe fifty pages then stopped. Next time I want to start such a massive project (not just reading it, but actually digesting the bulk of it) I will give it another shot.

LibertyVox
08-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Which one? I've listened to Ethics of Liberty and For a New Liberty, but have yet to procure America's Great Depression or Man, Economy and State. It's hard to find audios of these last two on torrent sites. :o

I would have to say Man, Economy and State. Two volumes totaling close to or over 1000 pages.

The only BIG books I have read are mostly novels by Russian masters and Locke's Essay concerning Human Understanding which gave me headaches a few times. :D

I just found a study guide to accompany Rothbard's Man..... in pdf:

http://mises.org/books/messtudy.pdf

RonPaulGetsIt
08-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm hoping Mises.org puts MES on audio. I just finished the audio version of Human Action....all 30 hours. There is no way I would have had the patience to read it all.

LibertyVox
08-19-2010, 04:49 PM
lol, well I own it (assuming you mean MES). I've read maybe fifty pages then stopped. Next time I want to start such a massive project (not just reading it, but actually digesting the bulk of it) I will give it another shot.

Wow, glad that somebody said that. That's always the dilemma isn't it?
I mean time is such a precious commodity. And one can either read fast and read a lot or really chew what's one's reading and hi-lite it for future reference and quotes etc. which can be enjoyable but truly exhausting, guilt inducing. And eventually it brings down your self esteem when you realize that in the three weeks that passed you just finished half of the first of 3 books you set out to devour. :(

And to think I had once resolved to finish all the harvard classics in 3 summers :D:D:D
Well I came to my senses. Thank God for small favors.

What strategy do you guys use to read a whole lot and remember sh**?

RonPaulGetsIt
08-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Wow, glad that somebody said that. That's always the dilemma isn't it?
I mean time is such a precious commodity. And one can either read fast and read a lot or really chew what's one's reading and hi-lite it for future reference and quotes etc. which can be enjoyable but truly exhausting, guilt inducing. And eventually it brings down your self esteem when you realize that in the three weeks that passed you just finished half of the first of 3 books you set out to devour. :(

And to think I had once resolved to finish all the harvard classics in 3 summers :D:D:D
Well I came to my senses. Thank God for small favors.

What strategy do you guys use to read a whole lot and remember sh**?

If you have a long commute like I do you can download a lot of good stuff on an ipod and take it in in 30 minute chunks.

tons of free lectures from Rothbard and the others on http://mises.org/media.aspx (http://mises.org/media.aspx) as is Speaking of Liberty

awake
08-19-2010, 05:29 PM
If you see my avatar, that is a 3d model of Mises. I will use it to render a portrait of him at some point.