PDA

View Full Version : GIM is gone, Long live GIM2, registration is open.

specsaregood
04-01-2010, 04:57 PM

RileyE104
04-01-2010, 07:01 PM
For those RPFers that don't get enough here, there has been for years a very popular forum site: goldismoney.info. well as of this morning GIM is no more -- one of the founders wanted to bug out and go off grid, so they nuked the db, domain and some of the other founders setup a new domain/site. It is primarily a precious metals/finance site, but has a very active conspiracy section and general discussions.

Anyways, the new site is:
http://goldismoney2.com

Temporarily the site is open for registrations as all the old members transition over, but seeing as the old site would go months without allowing any new members, if the site interests you, you might want to register now. There are already a lot of rpfers over there.

I have no financial interest in the site (it doesn't even have advertising) and this shouldn't be considered "spam".

Why did he/she want to "go off grid" ...?
Why not just pass the site ownership down to someone else?

Anyways, a little off topic, but I love the Gold Is Money silver bull round that says Abolish the Federal Reserve.. I have 3. :D

specsaregood
04-01-2010, 07:15 PM

RileyE104
04-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Dunno, supposedly the person wanted to wipe the slate and cut off any ties/links to them. Considering the date, most people thought it was gonna be one big hoax, then come this morning the site was gone and all the mods are sticking to it not being a hoax story. If it was, they sure went to a lot of trouble.

The bull rounds are great. Do you have any of the "freedom" GIM rounds? with the minuteman on them? I've got some of both GIM rounds including from the exclusive 2007 series. :p

I think most RPFers would feel at home on that site, which is why I mentioned it.

I only added the Bulls to my stack because I really like the design.

Not so interested in the Minute Man ones, I'm very picky.. :p