PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul (3/31): 'Fed might destroy records before being audited'

Matt Collins
04-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Ron Paul said regarding the Federal Reserve that:
"I could see them destroying records before a true audit would occur"

This quote is located at 2:25 into this podcast:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/lewrockwell-show/2010/03/31/145-ron-paul/

sevin
04-01-2010, 01:31 PM
That's what I've been afraid of all along. :(

DapperDan
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
http://blogpaulaenis.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/fuuuu_by_ku127-png.jpg

yokna7
04-01-2010, 01:42 PM
They couldn't never destroy that much paper................oh wait, they have:rolleyes:

Fox McCloud
04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
yeah, this has always been at the back of my mind...given how long this would take to become law (and how long it'd take for an audit to be filed and to go through) the Fed would have more than enough time to change things, destroy records, or shift them around so they can't be found.

The sad thing is, the Fed would claim they didn't have this and it'd just further validate the false claim that "Ron Paul is some whackjob who makes silly and weird claims about the Federal Reserve"

It really is a win-win for the Fed :T

RM918
04-01-2010, 01:47 PM
yeah, this has always been at the back of my mind...given how long this would take to become law (and how long it'd take for an audit to be filed and to go through) the Fed would have more than enough time to change things, destroy records, or shift them around so they can't be found.

The sad thing is, the Fed would claim they didn't have this and it'd just further validate the false claim that "Ron Paul is some whackjob who makes silly and weird claims about the Federal Reserve"

It really is a win-win for the Fed :T

However! They wouldn't be able to carry on as they had, and if you destroy everything there's still evidence in the holes.

squarepusher
04-01-2010, 02:02 PM
this is fairly obvious

jbuttell
04-01-2010, 02:07 PM
If they did that, they'd look even more suspicious. Alternatively they'd have to falsify the data. Ideally with the right people auditing the information (I know, a long stretch) discrepancies could identify indisputable fraud.

Matt Collins
04-01-2010, 02:15 PM
this is fairly obvious
Yeah but the fact that a sitting Congressman would accuse an organization like the Fed of potentially doing this is newsworthy! :eek::eek::eek:

idirtify
04-01-2010, 03:50 PM
If they did that, they'd look even more suspicious. Alternatively they'd have to falsify the data. Ideally with the right people auditing the information (I know, a long stretch) discrepancies could identify indisputable fraud.

I don't know about that. They seem to be pretty good a fabricating official-looking documents (counterfeiting).

SevenEyedJeff
04-01-2010, 03:55 PM
For all we know, they have 2 sets of records on hand. One set for them, and one set for any "audit" or other government inquiry.

Just like how they allow certain institutions to have 2 sets of books so they can stay solvent. :rolleyes:

catdd
04-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm sure that is what they have been doing all of this time.
I'm sure Barney must have told them that he couldn't stop it, but he could slow it down long enough for them to get in some damage control.

Aratus
04-02-2010, 10:45 AM
barney frank went to fall river yesterday. were he to go to the fed building
tomorrow and happily tour it ,,, its likewise a major & total disaster area...