PDA

View Full Version : I'm not going to watch any MSM anymore

krott5333
10-09-2007, 06:35 PM
enough is enough. I'm going to continue supporting Ron Paul the best I can, the best I know how. I'm going to continue with the organization on campus, and do everything I can to help him win the nomination.

I think exposing myself to MSM is going to demotivate me.. and I dont want that to happen.

I might not be around the forums too often, unless I have some good ideas or good news to share... but I'll be out there passing out flyers and bringing in new supporters, I can guarantee that.

Thanks everyone for your unwavering support, regardless of the mockery the MSM continues to make of Ron Paul.

This may be our last shot for quite some time, at least using the power of the voting system.. keep up the good work, dont give up.

:)

TechnoGuyRob
10-09-2007, 06:36 PM
This is our last shot.

We will not fail.

Trassin
10-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I got rid of my calbe service all together about 2 months back.

foofighter20x
10-09-2007, 06:38 PM
There's a better approach.

Don't boycott the MSM: Boycott their SPONSORS.

Hit'em in the pocketbook, where it hurts them most.

RonPaulFever
10-09-2007, 06:38 PM
On the contrary; I find their deliberate and calculated disrespect and dismissal to be very motivating. It's a constant reminder that what we're doing as Ron Paul supporters is necessary and right.

paulitics
10-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I've been boycotting for years.

RP08
10-09-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't know about you but every time I see Dr. Paul get shafted, I get fired up to do more.

I expected very little from CNBC, but this evening's "debate" was a disaster, beyond what I could've thought probable.

http://www.nmforronpaul.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156

I misplaced the link to the original post on this forum, but I copied the lecture links there. Good info.

voortrekker
10-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Simply do not subscribe to cable TV.

That's what I would do.

I've done for two years now and I do not miss it.

Brendan Wenzel
10-09-2007, 06:46 PM
What we need is an alternative news channel that actually asks the questions the public wants to know. If we demand it enough, someone with the money will make it happen. Hopefully I can make my first billion soon then I will do it. Well at least I can dream.

synthetic
10-09-2007, 06:46 PM
People give too much credibilty to network and cable news when they call it MSM. Its popularity has been eroding for years. There's nothing mainstream about it anymore. Call it what it is - old-media.

RoamZero
10-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Anyone have a list a sponsors and their related products? A listing published on the net somewhere that supports a petition that people can sign to not buy such products.

paulitics
10-09-2007, 06:54 PM
What we need is an alternative news channel that actually asks the questions the public wants to know. If we demand it enough, someone with the money will make it happen. Hopefully I can make my first billion soon then I will do it. Well at least I can dream.

The alternative news channel is the internet. As long as it remains free market and not controlled by the globalists than in 5 yrs it will dominate over the old media.

MozoVote
10-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I cancelled my TV cable today. Frankly, all the news I need is on the internet, and the commercials are shorter. I'm thinking about just giving the TV set to Goodwill since I probably won't bother watching the airwaves either.

MrKoffee
10-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Save CNBC or Bloomberg financial I've given up on MSM when I became disillusioned with neo-conservatism years back.

werdd
10-09-2007, 08:32 PM
if i watch the msm, i switch off right when the commercials come on.

cicero
10-09-2007, 08:41 PM
There's a better approach.

Don't boycott the MSM: Boycott their SPONSORS.

Hit'em in the pocketbook, where it hurts them most.

Do both :D . I used to follow CBC tv and radio in Canada (government run and owned) just to see how the "other side" looked at the issues. Then it hit me...they have nothing worth listening to, and why ruin a great day filling my mind with their crap? :p

ghemminger
10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
I cancelled my TV cable today. Frankly, all the news I need is on the internet, and the commercials are shorter. I'm thinking about just giving the TV set to Goodwill since I probably won't bother watching the airwaves either.

Congrats - I only keep the boob tube for kids cartoons and watching vid.s when my wife is on the internet....

Stay away from anything that isn't positive - remeber HAVE FUN! orders from Ron PAul