PDA

View Full Version : Medina Senatorial campaign!

itshappening
04-01-2010, 09:15 AM
for 2012, what do you think?

if KBH wants another term she should answer to the people of texas and Medina can challenge her! I think she can BEAT her considering how well she did in the Governor race

Are you on board?

bruce leeroy
04-01-2010, 09:15 AM
hell yeah

MRoCkEd
04-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Will she be able to survive the 9/11 issue?

Bergie Bergeron
04-01-2010, 09:42 AM

If she talks about it from the start to clear the air, yeah.

MelissaWV
04-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Will we?

bruce leeroy
04-01-2010, 09:47 AM
I dont think it will be that much of a problem

teamrican1
04-01-2010, 09:48 AM
I voted no. I just don't see why somebody who has gone from a person nobody had ever heard of to 20% in the polls should waste her time running for Senate. She should use the momentum she built up in this race to serve as the foundation for a 2014 run for Governor. The most vital practical political objective for the liberty movement is to get somebody who believes in nullification in to a Governor's mansion. Medina is the closest we've ever come. A Senate run would be a disaster because if she loses she'll be dubbed a "perennial losing candidate" or "two time loser" when she runs in 2014 and if she wins then she is effectively neutered because her most important issue (nullification) has no relevance in the Senate.

RCA
04-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I voted no. I just don't see why somebody who has gone from a person nobody had ever heard of to 20% in the polls should waste her time running for Senate. She should use the momentum she built up in this race to serve as the foundation for a 2014 run for Governor. The most vital practical political objective for the liberty movement is to get somebody who believes in nullification in to a Governor's mansion. Medina is the closest we've ever come. A Senate run would be a disaster because if she loses she'll be dubbed a "perennial losing candidate" or "two time loser" when she runs in 2014 and if she wins then she is effectively neutered because her most important issue (nullification) has no relevance in the Senate.

TPTB didn't usurp the power by going straight to the top, neither can we. We have to do get victories incrementally if we are going to be realistic about the movement.

Stary Hickory
04-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Senate or Congress or something a long these lines. As long as she does not come across as a truther she will be fine.

payme_rick
04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
wouldn't mind her being my senator... but would prefer her as my governor...

speciallyblend
04-01-2010, 11:52 AM

wrong,she should run to win and educate the masses. that would be like saying Ron paul shouldn't of run in 2008,but if he hadn't run in 2008 .where would be now??
she should run and everyone else should run for office local ,state and federal.
my rule is anyone that says someone shouldn't run ,should run themselves!! if they feel so strongly against someone else running.

by your premise ronald reagan would of never got elected!!! and i cannot stand reagan!!

speciallyblend
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
the people who voted NO,better be running for office themselves!!! so of you voted no,please tell me what office your running for??

dr. hfn
04-01-2010, 12:13 PM
hell ya!

teamrican1
04-01-2010, 02:02 PM
TPTB didn't usurp the power by going straight to the top, neither can we. We have to do get victories incrementally if we are going to be realistic about the movement.

Senator is a statewide office just like Governor. They are on equal footing in terms of prestige. People rarely go from Texas Senator to Texas Governor (it was weird that KBH even tried and she failed). But Governor is a far more important post for our purposes, so that's what she should run for. Texas Governor in 2014, then President of an independent Texas Republic in 2018.

RileyE104
04-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I want her to run for Governor again in 2014... She gained a lot of traction I think the 2nd time around will be different.

purplechoe
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
YES!

http://doctorbulldog.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/wgs-debra-medina-gu_101027e.jpg