PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul coming up on Morning Joe MSNBC about 6:30 am EST

purplechoe
04-01-2010, 04:25 AM
they just said he'll be coming on next...

Baptist
04-01-2010, 04:31 AM
Thanks! Watching now.
http://www.epctv.com/channels/MSNBC-Online-Watch-4744.htm

Baptist
04-01-2010, 04:33 AM
Coming up after commercial.

purplechoe
04-01-2010, 04:38 AM
showtime...

Baptist
04-01-2010, 04:51 AM
It was a good piece.

What you think about offshore drilling?
Good move. England is energy independent cuz they do. We should drill in Alaska too.

What are principle points of opposition you have to healthcare bill?
Lots. More capitalism and less government is what we need. We are already short on Medicare funds. Adding 30 million people will strain system more and lead to rationing.

What about people in Kentucky with no healthcare then?
Make health insurance like term life insurance.... usual Rand on this.

Why are leading by double digits 42% to 27%.
Gives props to Tea Party movement, mood of the country.

What is reaction among Kentucky peeps about McConnel and Cheney endorsing opponent?
Tea Party movement is as big as Republican establishment, so if establishment does not want me the outsiders do and they are just as important.

Can anyone deliver for the Tea Party? They are just angry people.
No, they are worried and concerned about direction of country and debt. They like things I talk about: term limits, reading bills, whether or not bills are Constitutional.

How much are you capitalizing on atmosphere of the moment (everyone wanting incumbents out)?
I bring honesty too.

At this point I'm interrupted at work.

rprprs
04-01-2010, 04:57 AM
I wasn't crazy about the "REPUBLICAN PARTY CRASHER" graphic.

ssforronpaul
04-01-2010, 06:32 AM
YouTube - Rand Paul Anger Is Not The Motivation Of The Tea Party Movement (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puCk2mejbD0)

catdd
04-01-2010, 06:42 AM
This guy is Presidential material.

Stary Hickory
04-01-2010, 06:45 AM
This guy is Presidential material.

He is and he might become POTUS. What Rand does well is come off as sensible and moderate. He is hard to outright dislike as well. He lacks his fathers zeal though, although in politics this tends to scare people. Rand Paul is easy to trust, has a saint for a father, and comes off as thoughtful and intelligent.

I think he can become president.

specsaregood
04-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Too bad joe wasn't there. The other people just annoy me. Rand did excellent as usual though.

eqcitizen
04-01-2010, 07:31 AM
He is one hell of a politician. He knows how to answer the tougher questions. The only fear i have is that instead of just portraying his moderation by his answers he actually turns toward it. Rand scares me a little. Hopefully he keeps true to his roots and doesnt sell out to get elected.

Juan McCain
04-01-2010, 07:36 AM
MSNBC just interviewed the next US Senator from Kentucky for 10 minutes -

the visual on national cable television of the Rand Paul 42 % other guy 27 % undecided 19 % looks great . . .
and after an interview like this could at least another 5 % of the the Bluegrass State "undecideds" have now made up their mind in this GOP Senate primary ? . .
I would think so . . . Congratulations Rand.

Bman
04-01-2010, 07:38 AM
He is one hell of a politician. He knows how to answer the tougher questions. The only fear i have is that instead of just portraying his moderation by his answers he actually turns toward it. Rand scares me a little. Hopefully he keeps true to his roots and doesnt sell out to get elected.

I'm scared also. However, rants aside I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he will make a far better Senator than anyone currently holding a seat. I fear him being a bit too much like Demint, but it could be far worse.

The one thing I will give Rand is that he is excellent at answering questions. Every question I've seen him field that is intended to be a hit piece he disarms like a kung fu master. It's no wonder the establishment fears him so much. Rand's going to be a hard one to keep out of taking a role of high party leadership. Not something the higher ups like if they didn't exactly invite you to be part of the club.

angelatc
04-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Every now and then I get a little hope for America.

specsaregood
04-01-2010, 07:47 AM
and after an interview like this could at least another 5 % of the the Bluegrass State "undecideds" have now made up their mind in this GOP Senate primary ? . .

Only if 5% of the undecided republican primary voters watch msnbc. Something I fund unlikely.

Juan McCain
04-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Only if 5% of the undecided republican primary voters watch msnbc. Something I fund unlikely.

dumb logic

.Tom
04-01-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm scared also. However, rants aside I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he will make a far better Senator than anyone currently holding a seat. I fear him being a bit too much like Demint, but it could be far worse.

The problem with giving him the benefit of the doubt is that he's a politician. :rolleyes:

But even if he makes a better senator than whoever is there now, isn't that just playing into the lesser of two evils thing?

I'm not going to let the fact that his last name is Paul distract me. I'm going to analyze him objectively as hell.

We better work our asses off to keep him accountable.

0zzy
04-01-2010, 09:25 AM
The problem with giving him the benefit of the doubt is that he's a politician. :rolleyes:

But even if he makes a better senator than whoever is there now, isn't that just playing into the lesser of two evils thing?

I'm not going to let the fact that his last name is Paul distract me. I'm going to analyze him objectively as hell.

We better work our asses off to keep him accountable.

I like Rand. He is one smooth talker, and I think that's how you win elections. He may not be Ron Paul of the Senate, but he'll sure as hell be better than most, if not all, of the other Senators. And after 2 years of Senate, we can have Rand Paul for President in 2024! YEAH! Oh....oh my that's a really long time away.

Maybe he can pull an Obama and try for the 2016 election.

RM918
04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
I like Rand. He is one smooth talker, and I think that's how you win elections. He may not be Ron Paul of the Senate, but he'll sure as hell be better than most, if not all, of the other Senators. And after 2 years of Senate, we can have Rand Paul for President in 2024! YEAH! Oh....oh my that's a really long time away.

Maybe he can pull an Obama and try for the 2016 election.

If we even last until 2024.

Stary Hickory
04-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Why 2012? He could be VP pick for 2012.

jkr
04-01-2010, 10:37 AM
GOOD ANSWERS!

hey, where is that.gif of the guy clapping, anyone?