PDA

View Full Version : "Welfare check" leaves woman dead, shot by cops.

Anti Federalist
03-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Police “Welfare Check” Leaves Woman Dead

Posted by William Grigg on March 31, 2010 07:18 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/54824.html

Police in Franklin Township, New Jersey recently announced an innovative program “designed to improve the safety of senior citizens,” reported WCBS-TV.

Through “Operation Blue Angel,” elderly residents would leave a key to their front doors in a lockbox accessible by a combination known to police. Police doing “safety checks” of the homes would knock on the door and, if nobody responds, would use the keys to enter.

What could possibly go wrong? What does anybody have to fear from angelic armed strangers sent to check on their “welfare”?

One possible problem is demonstrated by the shooting death of a 47-year-old Prairie Village, Kansas woman this morning (March 31).

Police were sent to her apartment to conduct a “welfare check.” For some reason, the woman didn’t want to be “helped” by the friendly state functionaries with guns.

Oh, but we insist, replied the “Blue Angels,” as they summoned their khaki-clad comrades from the Tactical Squad. Eventually, because of “threats” she supposedly made against the stormtroopers, the police (in the words of a local TV reporter) “were forced to shoot her.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A woman was shot and killed by police this morning during a disturbance in Prairie Village.

According to a release from Prairie Village police:

About 7 a.m. this morning, officers were called to the Kenilworth apartment complex at 4300 block of West 93rd Terrace to check on the welfare of a 47-year-old woman, who had made suicidal and threatening comments to other law enforcement agencies earlier in the morning.

When officers arrived, the woman refused to open her door, barricaded the door and continued to make threatening statements.

About 9:45 a.m., members of the Prairie Village Police Department Critical Incident Response Team attempted to take the woman into custody for a mental evaluation, a police spokesman said. She was fatally shot after she threatened officers with a weapon and at least one stun gun fired by officers did not stop her, he said. The woman’s identity has not been released.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/31/1848361_one-person-shot-by-police-in-prairie.html?storylink=omni_popular#ixzz0joYhLjFh

squarepusher
03-31-2010, 09:24 PM
like to hear more details on this, ie: what type of weapon she had

Anti Federalist
03-31-2010, 09:27 PM
like to hear more details on this, ie: what type of weapon she had

Me too.

Sketchy on details.

Draw a gun, yeah you're going to end up shot.

But, the cops would play that angle up, ten bucks says the "weapon" was a ball bat.

And why were they there in the first place?

Danke
03-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Well, they won't have to perform anymore “welfare checks" at that address for a while.

sratiug
03-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Good fucking lord these bastards are crazy.

.Tom
03-31-2010, 11:51 PM
This is what happens when you give someone a legal monopoly on aggression. Too bad this woman didn't defend herself against these filthy pigs.

jbuttell
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
By the thread title, I thought someone tried to take her welfare check away.

Anti Federalist
04-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Update to this story coming.

Brian4Liberty
04-06-2010, 02:57 PM
About 7 a.m. this morning, officers were called to the Kenilworth apartment complex at 4300 block of West 93rd Terrace to check on the welfare of a 47-year-old woman, who had made suicidal and threatening comments to other law enforcement agencies earlier in the morning.

Well, they stopped her from committing suicide. :rolleyes:

Suicidal person calls Police:

Suicidal person: "I am going to kill myself".
Police: "Do you need help, or can you handle that on your own?"
Suicidal Person: "F*** off bastards!"
Police: "Ok, we'll send someone over to help."

andrewh817
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Yet another wake-up call to the true nature of government.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2018, 02:48 PM
8 years and thousands of dead later and it still goes on every day.

Heroes.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2018, 02:53 PM
And this is why you post the story, Matt Collins I'm looking at you, instead of just a link.

When going for an update:

Oops...
Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the page you requested. Please check the web address you entered and try again.

CCTelander
01-23-2018, 03:56 PM
And this is why you post the story, Matt Collins I'm looking at you, instead of just a link.

When going for an update:

Down the memory hole it goes.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2018, 03:57 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.