PDA

View Full Version : comments about Ron Paul on Washington Week in review (PBS)

lynnf
10-09-2007, 05:16 PM
transcript is out:

http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/transcripts/transcript100507.html

excerpt1:

MS. ROBINSON: What about this dark horse, Ron Paul? Where is he coming from and what prospects has he?

MS. IFILL: Maybe he's the breath of fresh air people though Fred Thompson was going to be.

MS. BORGER: And maybe he is. And I don't - I honestly don't know the answer to your question. What I think it is, is that his libertarian, no government, lack of trust of government, no taxes message really resonates with people who are fed up. And so he -

MS. ROBINSON: It's the anti-system vote.

MS. BORGER: The anti-system vote and he taps into something, and the internet is a very good place to mine for those kinds of small contributions. And he's really done very well.

excerpt2:

MS. BORGER: Well, Gwen, this is a very, very fluid race. And the money numbers that you were talking about this week really reflect that on the Republican side because you have the top-tier candidates really kind of bunched up there together. You have Rudy Giuliani raising $11 million this last quarter, Mitt Romney raising $10 million, Fred Thompson $9.3 million. Fred Thompson, as you know, is the new guy in the race. That was a pretty good number for him. And just bringing up the rear a little bit, John McCain with $6 million, and surprise of surprises, Ron Paul, somebody a lot of us sitting around this table thought, well, he's not that serious a candidate, suddenly with $5 million.

lynn

lynnf
10-09-2007, 08:45 PM
bumpity bump

lynn