PDA

View Full Version : My Mom just said, "I hope Ron Paul runs in 2012. I want him not John McCain"

Chester Copperpot
03-29-2010, 09:41 PM
My mom called me up to talk politics today and this came out in the first couple minutes of our conversation.. She just blurted it out with no prompting by me..

Good Stuff.

Uriel999
03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
He is totally fucking catching on. I'm telling ya!

dr. hfn
03-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Ron Paul 2012!

speciallyblend
03-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Ron Paul 2012, the only viable option left in the GOP!!! for REALZZZZZZZZZ

Romulus
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Well thats good news. My Mom usually starts running the other way when I start to talk politics. Something like la la la I can't hear you what!

KCIndy
03-29-2010, 10:02 PM
My mom called me up to talk politics today and this came out in the first couple minutes of our conversation.. She just blurted it out with no prompting by me..

Good Stuff.

Your mom is pretty cool! :D

Take her out for dinner next time you see her!

sofia
03-29-2010, 10:05 PM
He is totally fucking catching on. I'm telling ya!

lol....

We need to find that litle dude and have him do a youtube with your script.

"He's fucking catchin on I'm tellin ya"

Chester Copperpot
03-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Your mom is pretty cool! :D

Take her out for dinner next time you see her!

I will but that may not be for some time.. she lives 3,000 miles away..

I even got to tell her about Judge Nap having his own show next month...

She likes the Judge...

Ron Paul is catching on.. maybe those horrible tv spots from 2008 are finally sinking in. hahaha

WorldonaString
03-29-2010, 10:31 PM
I even got to tell her about Judge Nap having his own show next month...

Really? Is Freedom Watching taking to the airwaves? :cool:

Bergie Bergeron
03-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Freedom Watch starts on Fox Biz on a weekly basis in April. It's going to be daily if the ratings are good enough.

Bman
03-29-2010, 10:59 PM
+1 for Mom!!!

BetaMale
03-29-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm telling you, Paul/Napolitano 2012 and we can win this thing! Lots of my friends who were card carrying republicans I've managed to turn to the light. I've been working on my parents and they are slowly agreeing with me that "alot of what Ron Paul says is right on." Now I just have to convince them that we can't afford useless foreign wars...

qh4dotcom
03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Well Mom is not getting McCain 2012, that's for sure

rp08orbust
03-30-2010, 12:20 AM
If Ron wins the SRLC straw people, expect more people like your mom to feel like it's OK to support Ron Paul.

Uriel999
03-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Lol so just a few minutes ago I heard my mom talking to somebody on the phone. Apparently she isn't too happy I plan on joining the Marine Corps. I think this will giver her all the more reason to support Ron Paul. Because the wars just got even more personal and he is the only voice of reason saying to end the wars!

tremendoustie
03-30-2010, 12:31 AM

Good Stuff.

Hooray!

tremendoustie
03-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Lol so just a few minutes ago I heard my mom talking to somebody on the phone. Apparently she isn't too happy I plan on joining the Marine Corps. I think this will giver her all the more reason to support Ron Paul. Because the wars just got even more personal and he is the only voice of reason saying to end the wars!

I agree with your hopes about your mother's beliefs, but I even more strongly hope you don't join the marine corps. If the government is engaging in immoral wars, why would you want to go kill for them in those immoral wars?

Uriel999
03-30-2010, 12:38 AM
I agree with your hopes about your mother's beliefs, but I even more strongly hope you don't join the marine corps. If the government is engaging in immoral wars, why would you want to go kill for them in those immoral wars?

I am not joining the Marine Corps for Kissinger, I am joining for me and my own goals in life. It may seem strange initially to think about it, but the Marines are the most anti-authoritarian military group in the US services. The marines are the rabble rousers.

tremendoustie
03-30-2010, 12:42 AM
I am not joining the Marine Corps for Kissinger, I am joining for me and my own goals in life. It may seem strange initially to think about it, but the Marines are the most anti-authoritarian military group in the US services. The marines are the rabble rousers.

That may be true, but will they not force you to go do immoral things? I mean, you may not be joining for Kissinger, but Kissinger's running the show right now, and he'll throw you in the brig if you don't obey -- right?

Uriel999
03-30-2010, 01:08 AM
That may be true, but will they not force you to go do immoral things? I mean, you may not be joining for Kissinger, but Kissinger's running the show right now, and he'll throw you in the brig if you don't obey -- right?

Take me to the Brig. I want to see the real Marines." - Chesty Puller

WorldonaString
03-30-2010, 02:36 AM
Freedom Watch starts on Fox Biz on a weekly basis in April. It's going to be daily if the ratings are good enough.

Thats excellent news! :)

specialkornflake
03-30-2010, 04:16 AM

I hope you reconsider joining, nowadays I don't see how there could be more pros than cons and many of the pros could be accomplished in other ways.

Romulus
03-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Dont join, you'll be shipped off to fight and die for the bankers.

tremendoustie
03-30-2010, 07:57 AM

So, you intend to join in order to refuse to go overseas, and intentionally go to the brig? If civil disobedience is your aim, don't you think there are more effective ways to go about it?

Chester Copperpot
03-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Another thing I got to mention after my dad came on the phone (both of them were on now)

My dad made the comment that you cant trust the media and if it werent for FOX News nobody would know whats going on in the world...

At which point I got to show them that FOX news is just as phony as anybody else.. After all they banned Ron Paul from one of their own debates during the presidential campaign. That shocked the hell out of them. Im thinking a couple videos of Ron Paul getting questioned disrespectfully will be icing on that cake.

jmdrake
03-30-2010, 11:55 AM
If Ron wins the SRLC straw people, expect more people like your mom to feel like it's OK to support Ron Paul.

Yep. They could blow off 1 straw poll win. It will be hard to blow off 2 wins in a row.

2young2vote
03-30-2010, 12:20 PM
I can tell you that many people in my family are ANGRY at what is happening on the federal level and would be very likely to vote for Ron because of his "This is how it is, This is what i think and this is how i want it done" political views. I know quite a few people who would vote for him if he won.

And I can tell you that if someone, who doesn't have political views similar to Ron Paul's, ends up not getting the nomination, I will be voting for Ron Paul anyways.

RCA
03-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Remember, remember...

Epic
03-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Joe Biden just called and told me that Ron Paul is a big fucking deal...

rp08orbust
03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Joe Biden just called and told me that Ron Paul is a big fucking deal...

:confused: Have you been drinking Epic?

low preference guy
03-30-2010, 06:49 PM
rp08orbust, it's a joke. Google Biden big fucking deal.