PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] ~ Police shoot 2 year old...

Reason
03-29-2010, 06:16 PM
YouTube - Police Shooting 2 Year Old Unconscionable! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDKTawhw-PI)

RCA
03-29-2010, 06:21 PM
This happened about 5 minutes away from me:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=237888

2young2vote
03-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I think the police have been playing too many video games. They seem to have a shoot first and think later mentality like video games seem to have ;) I want to know why they had to shoot 42 times into the car when they should have known there was someone in it (who doesn't stay in their car when they are at the drive through window?). But then, maybe the guy was going to drive off and kill all three of them so the officers actually did something good?

RCA
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
I think the police have been playing too many video games. They seem to have a shoot first and think later mentality like video games seem to have ;) I want to know why they had to shoot 42 times into the car when they should have known there was someone in it (who doesn't stay in their car when they are at the drive through window?). But then, maybe the guy was going to drive off and kill all three of them so the officers actually did something good?

They had 4 tires to choose from.

Reason
03-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Back when I took AOJ college classes the reason they stated that cops are not allowed to shoot at tires is because of the danger of ricochet bullets.

sratiug
03-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Were they left wing radical Obama supporters?

squarepusher
03-29-2010, 06:43 PM
i like how they title it "shootout," yet the suspect never fired his weapon.

pcosmar
03-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Back when I took AOJ college classes the reason they stated that cops are not allowed to shoot at tires is because of the danger of ricochet bullets.

:confused:
And firing 42 rounds at a moving metal object is a good idea?

This after the first cop missed him at close range with a shotgun .
Can't shoot for shit. Take the guns away from them. :(

newbitech
03-29-2010, 06:56 PM
I see 8 rounds in the passenger windshield and 2 in the hood on passenger side, 1 in the fender on passenger side, 3 in the windshield on front passenger side, and 1 in the windshield on the BACK passenger side. It looks like the angle is coming from the passenger side as well. So the cops could see the bad guy on the opposite side of the car, but they couldn't see the lady they shot thru the passenger door in the leg or foot. AND they hit a kid in the backseat. WTF were they shooting at? It looks like the "plan" was to just shoot this car to pieces no matter what was inside. AND AND AND!!! They didn't even shoot and kill the guy until AFTER he got out of the car!

Did the cops not notice the person in the passenger seat? Did the cops really think that the car at the drive thru window didn't have anyone else in it?

Oh Oh, and we don't know if it was really 42 shots? It could have been 2 shots from a shot gun at 12 rounds each? WTF is this guy talking about? Shooting into a car with shotgun that spreads bullets around? That would be even MORE idiotic if that was the case!

I mean come on.

On the other side, can you imagine if the cops did not shoot and crook held this lady and her kids hostage? It's like the cops wanted to go ahead and end this as soon as they could no matter what the outcome, and assumed the outcome with a critically injured 2 year old, an injured victim of carjacking and a dead bank robber was better than the odds of a peacefully resolved hostage situation.

I have to think that the cops training is at fault here.

pcosmar
03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
I see 8 rounds in the passenger windshield and 2 in the hood. It looks like the angle is coming from the passenger side as well.

Did the cops not notice the person in the passenger seat? Did the cops really think that the car at the drive thru window didn't have anyone else in it?

I mean come on.

On the other side, can you imagine if the cops did not shoot and crook held this lady and her kids hostage? It's like the cops wanted to go ahead and end this as soon as they could no matter what the outcome, and assumed the outcome with a critically injured 2 year old, an injured victim of carjacking and a dead bank robber was better than the odds of a peacefully resolved hostage situation.

I have to think that the cops training is at fault here.
Do their guns have sights on them? :(

squarepusher
03-29-2010, 06:59 PM
they had glaze donuts on their trigger fingers

newbitech
03-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Do their guns have sights on them? :(

No according to the ex LEO in the video interview, we don't know the order of the shots. They might have just fired 2 shotgun rounds that have a spread of 12 projectiles into the car.

No they aimed for the car and decided that the target was the car. That is pretty fucking obvious to me after seeing how the bullets are spread out all over the car.

And the fact that the guy didn't get hit until after he got out of the car with the fact that 2 other people got shot up? Yeah, they weren't aiming at a person, they were aiming at the entire car. Fucking crazy.

BlackTerrel
03-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Now this is just sad. Don't even know what to say :(

silus
03-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Not enough information to form a solid opinion, imo.