PDA

View Full Version : Romney Makes Des Moines Visit

Bruno
03-29-2010, 11:56 AM
http://www.kcci.com/politics/22985834/detail.html

DES MOINES, Iowa --

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney visited Des Moines Monday.

The stop was part of Romney's book tour promoting his new book 'No Apology, The Case for American Greatness.'

Romney addressed a crowd of hundreds at the Des Moines Public Library.

"They may not recognize it, but America's politicians have put us on a road to decline," said Romney.

Romney served as the republican governor of Massachusetts from 2003 to 2007 and is most likely considering another run for President.

From the comments:

Romney did to Mass. what obamacare will do to the US. Citizens forced by the federal government to buy ANYTHING is ridiculous. Yea, you coulda been a contender.
March 29, 2010 11:46am CDT | from iatrucker

John of Des Moines
03-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Was there. About 250 people. Did not see any heavy hitters in the crowd but the room was not conducive to moving around for a look-see. He spoke of the national debt and needing to lower taxes. Had Ron Paul-ish themes. A lot of white hairs in the audience who are the caucus goers. Very campaignish feel to his 15 minute speech.

catdd
03-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Send an RP person there to throw a fit and pretend to be a McCain supporter. I mean, if that's how they want to play...

John of Des Moines
03-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Send an RP person there to throw a fit and pretend to be a McCain supporter. I mean, if that's how they want to play...

A Huck supporter would be better. You can't find many McCain supporters in Iowa.

A follow-up to Mitt's Iowa visit - tonight he attracted about 500 people at Iowa State University. About 40% of the people arrived 20 plus minute early and who were about 90% were older. The late arrivers were mostly college age. He didn't give away signs like he did this afternoon. Didn't see any media types tonight.

Kade
03-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Romney is still batshit. I hope nobody here actual plans on supporting him.

Bruno
03-29-2010, 08:05 PM
A Huck supporter would be better. You can't find many McCain supporters in Iowa.

A follow-up to Mitt's Iowa visit - tonight he attracted about 500 people at Iowa State University. About 40% of the people arrived 20 plus minute early and who were about 90% were older. The late arrivers were mostly college age. He didn't give away signs like he did this afternoon. Didn't see any media types tonight.

Thanks for the updates, John! That's about 1000 less than Ron attracted in Ames, which is a good sign.

Romney is still batshit. I hope nobody here actual plans on supporting him.

Fat chance of that happening.