PDA

View Full Version : It's Official - America Now Enforces Capital Controls

Vessol
03-28-2010, 11:32 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/its-official-america-now-enforces-capital-controls
http://johngaltfla.com/blog3/2010/03/29/if-you-can-leave-the-united-states-i-would-suggest-you-get-out-now/

sevin
03-29-2010, 07:24 AM
So basically this means you can't move your money to a foreign account to avoid taxes?

torchbearer
03-29-2010, 07:26 AM
So basically this means you can't move your money to a foreign account to avoid taxes?

or more like, if you move your accounts you get taxed?

angelatc
03-29-2010, 07:28 AM
In brief, the Provision requires that foreign banks not only withhold 30% of all outgoing capital flows (likely remitting the collection promptly back to the US Treasury) but also disclose the full details of non-exempt account-holders to the US and the IRS. And should this provision be deemed illegal by a given foreign nation's domestic laws (think Switzerland), well the foreign financial institution is required to close the account. It's the law.

So they're writing international law now? What sucks is that the other countries will acquiesce.

Rael
03-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Thats ridiculous, trying to tell other countries what to do. lol

Chester Copperpot
03-29-2010, 09:15 AM

Just make sure your money is constitutional.

RileyE104
03-29-2010, 09:34 AM
I read on another site that this is what countries do before things get REALLY bad.

Any truth to that?

TinCanToNA
03-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I think this is being over-hyped. It appears to be more of a way to close a tax loop-hole. We'll see though.

Vessol
03-29-2010, 12:08 PM
I read on another site that this is what countries do before things get REALLY bad.

Any truth to that?

Basically it's stopping people from transferring their Capital(wealth) outside the country if they are wanting to flee/leave.

Anti Federalist
03-29-2010, 12:18 PM

Any truth to that?

Yes. There is truth to that.

Watch out when controls on personal capital leaving the country start to go into place.

Old Ducker
03-29-2010, 12:43 PM
From a blog comment:

The precursor to most major shifts within western civilization have always been the restrictions placed on the flow of capital. Without going off into woo-woo land on you, all I can say is that this is a warning shot that something major is about to occur which further restricts the freedoms of the citizens of this once great nation. When I did my radio show, I warned that this one event, a key moment or marker in any nation’s history was something to be taken deadly seriously. In my opinion it means that a currency realignment or change or outright revocation of rights taken for granted was certain with a 90 day, maybe if we’re lucky, 180 day window.

awake
03-29-2010, 02:23 PM
I Think its time to create the underground wealth rail road.

Inflation
03-31-2010, 04:16 PM
I Think its time to create the underground wealth rail road.

Hawala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hawala (also known as hundi) is an informal value transfer system based on the performance and honour of a huge network of money brokers, which are primarily located in the Middle East, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, and South Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala

LibForestPaul
03-31-2010, 04:37 PM
peaceful revolution hurrah

silverhandorder
03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
I asked my mom. She said thats BS. She claims that it's a withholdings tax on anyone who makes money here but works abroad. They just closed a tax hole. Can anyone explain why her reasoning is wrong? Because when I read the article it lead me to beleive that if you take your money out they will tax it, making it extremely unatractive to leave.

Vessol
03-31-2010, 06:47 PM
I asked my mom. She said thats BS. She claims that it's a withholdings tax on anyone who makes money here but works abroad. They just closed a tax hole. Can anyone explain why her reasoning is wrong? Because when I read the article it lead me to beleive that if you take your money out they will tax it, making it extremely unatractive to leave.

That was my impression as well.

It's seems an artificial way to keep capital centered here and punishing those who wish to move their capital elsewhere.

FunkBuddha
03-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Hawala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala

Thanks for that. I've been trying to remember the name of this system for well over a year now.