PDA

View Full Version : Personal income drops across the country

Anti Federalist
03-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Except in the tax feeder corridor of DC

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703409804575144033573666238.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLETopStories#project%3DPERSONALINCO ME1003

awake
03-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Yes, to keep and create more government jobs private jobs must be the natural casualty. The people are catching onto this... That's why Pelosi likes to screech Jobs , Jobs, Jobs. She knows that people who are unemployed will ask why the government does not seem to feel the same economic pain. The answer is obvious.

I would compare it to a child with his parents credit card that has no limits. His parents have sold their house, have 3 jobs and have maxed out every line of credit to pay for the out of control spending of their subsidized offspring. Sooner or later, due to shear exhaustion, the parents give up and are forced kick the kid out on his own. The child may try in vain to get the parents another loan or possible job to keep the racket going, but it only obscures the fact that the spend-aholic child needs to become productive and stop leeching off his parents.

We as a species are at the point of exhaustion from the governments all over this world.

Anti Federalist
03-27-2010, 07:29 PM
We as a species are at the point of exhaustion from the governments all over this world.

But to rip the leeches off would be an act of violence, not respecting the right of the leech to exist.

(Or so would say some)

awake
03-27-2010, 07:34 PM
If Peter is robbing Paul to feed himself, and Paul dies from exhaustion and starvation trying to feed himself, what becomes of Peter?

Peter is the Government in our situation and there is no place left to go to take more.

Travlyr
03-27-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't care about Peter... give me a job that pays... i don't know... $130k or so.

MelissaWV
03-28-2010, 08:41 AM
My income went up :o

Of course, that's deceptive, because it went up as a consequence of other people losing their jobs, and a shrinking talent pool in my profession. All those freelance jobs I've been getting are adding up to some comforting numbers.

I wonder if SOME of the information (unemployment claims lower than expected, personal income dropping, etc.) is just tied in to the fact a lot of people have given up. If you keep hearing from the news that things are awful, you'll have a whole bunch of trouble getting a job, and keep seeing all of these ads that pop everywhere saying you might qualify for a grant, or a scholarship, or a tax break, or some other Government "help"... I wonder if at some point a lot of people just say "fuck it" and stop trying altogether.

torchbearer
03-28-2010, 08:49 AM
My income went up :o

Of course, that's deceptive, because it went up as a consequence of other people losing their jobs, and a shrinking talent pool in my profession. All those freelance jobs I've been getting are adding up to some comforting numbers.

I wonder if SOME of the information (unemployment claims lower than expected, personal income dropping, etc.) is just tied in to the fact a lot of people have given up. If you keep hearing from the news that things are awful, you'll have a whole bunch of trouble getting a job, and keep seeing all of these ads that pop everywhere saying you might qualify for a grant, or a scholarship, or a tax break, or some other Government "help"... I wonder if at some point a lot of people just say "fuck it" and stop trying altogether.

the realization that the government's health is dependent upon my production keeps me from wanting to produce, even if i have to live poor.
Its that atlas shrugged moment many people will eventually get to when they understand the truth of their existance.
we are "copper top batteries" for this machine that is ruling over us. keep producing, they will keep harvesting your efforts.