PDA

View Full Version : Whistleblower reports gold price manipulation by JP Morgan

Old Ducker
03-27-2010, 02:38 PM
YouTube - Bill Murphy of GATA Reveals Whistle-Blower in Gold Price Suppression (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9bU0r6JP4s&feature=player_embedded)

Erazmus
03-27-2010, 02:50 PM
wow, thanks for posting this!

Bruno
03-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Goldgate!

Wow! Interesting to watch gold on Monday and in the short term as the word spreads on price manipulation confirmation.

Love this youtube comment:

Go GATA! Who knew Bill Murphy knew kung-fu?

At the end Commissioner Bart Chilton, named in the e-mails, replies, "Alright, well, that's more specific than I anticipated..."

Covering up the largest fraud in history...trillions.

Getting publicly outed at your own agency's hearing by an answer to your own question...PRICELESS.

tmosley
03-27-2010, 03:44 PM
The effect may or may not be immediate. Of course, that didn't stop me from buying $3000+ worth of silver when the story first broke on Thursday.

Likely outcomes of this are:
1. The CFTC is forced to take action, and imposes position limits, forcing a short covering rally just before the limits take effect.

or

2. The CFTC remains willfully ignorant, and they are not forced to address the issue, in which case the wider market takes note of what the whistleblower has said, and begins trading the information. Volatility increases greatly, as some participate in the shorting, while others take advantage of the price action to get physical silver. This market action will eventually kill the shorts. Probably what will happen is that JPM will send out it's short signal, and dump its short position and go long, leaving those who have been gleefully helping them suppress the price with the bag.

The second scenario seems more likely, as it leaves the possibility that JPM emerges with huge profits rather than the losses they deserve. The CFTC probably also sees this, and as such they will likely sit on their hands. The only way they will act is if political pressure becomes too great. This is where visits with your congressman will come in handy.

catdd
03-27-2010, 04:01 PM
I heard about this around 6 months ago but must have sounded like a conspiracy theory to most people.