PDA

View Full Version : 18-year-old Republican to run for state comptroller

Nate-ForLiberty
03-27-2010, 02:14 PM
An 18-year-old Baltimore County man is seeking the Republican nomination for comptroller. Brendan Madigan said he filed last week after considering a run for more than a year. Madigan said he could not "stand on the sidelines" while Maryland is run "into the ground." The Sparks resident said his campaign will focus on ending the "tax-and-spend mentality of those in Annapolis." Madigan served as the Baltimore County coordinator for Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty and recently founded the blog GOP Resurgence. He is the only Republican to have filed for the comptroller race.

-Associated Press

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bal-md.briefs273mar27,0,63372.story

:cool:

GunnyFreedom
03-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Um. best of luck, not sure this is a good idea or not. Comptroller is a highly technical and critical responsibility that generally requires decades of experience. If/when he gets the job, I sure hope he manages to do it well. The last thing we need is to gain a reputation for incompetence...

angelatc
03-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Um. best of luck, not sure this is a good idea or not. Comptroller is a highly technical and critical responsibility that generally requires decades of experience. If/when he gets the job, I sure hope he manages to do it well. The last thing we need is to gain a reputation for incompetence...

Nah - it's basically involves writing checks and making sure the state doesn't run out of money. An accounting background would be nice, but if he hires a couple of decent assistants he can pull it off. If he wins I'll send him my auditing books.

GunnyFreedom
03-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Nah - it's basically involves writing checks and making sure the state doesn't run out of money. An accounting background would be nice, but if he hires a couple of decent assistants he can pull it off. If he wins I'll send him my auditing books.

Hm. That seems like one half of one percent of the responsibilities for any comptroller I have ever encountered.

Brett
03-27-2010, 03:30 PM
I know who's getting my vote!

ian_co
03-27-2010, 03:32 PM
strong heart, strong ambition, strong principals

still, all this goes down the drain when not backed with experience. i fear his age has not allowed his expertise to fully ripen.

low preference guy
03-27-2010, 03:38 PM
^ principles, not principals.