PDA

View Full Version : Fly the flag on Easter?

furface
03-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Some political org sent me a Reagan Ranch calendar. I donate to political campaigns, so I ended up on some list apparently. I'm cheap, so I kept it and put it up on our refrigerator, in part for kicks.

The thing is that the calendar has a flag icon on Easter Sunday and every other Christian religious holiday. The icon suggests that you should fly the flag on these holidays.

I have no problem with religion influencing politics. I have a problem, however, with the State defining religion, which I believe the people who made this Calendar are suggesting. In the case of Christianity, somehow the Prince of Peace has been turned into a neocon globalist.

My view is that it's impossible to advocate violence within the confines of Christianity. Linking it to the American flag does that. Unless of course, you make the effort to turn the American flag into a symbol of peace, non-aggression, and restraint. That's not what it is now, however.

Inkblots
03-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Good points, here. Those who conflate their nationalism with their Christianity mere seek to hand the keys of the Kingdom over to Caesar.