PDA

View Full Version : Less than 50% of americans have heard of the tea party movement

tangent4ronpaul
03-27-2010, 06:08 AM
and most of those don't really know what they are about. They are focused on staying local and not trying to form a national movement.

Campaign for Liberty is like that - ON STEROIDS!

solutions?

-t

rprprs
03-27-2010, 06:21 AM
I would certainly agree that most Americans don't know what the Tea Party is about. In fact, I would argue that Tea Party members themselves couldn't really define that.

But to believe that half of America hasn't even heard of them is another story. Wherefrom this statistic?

tangent4ronpaul
03-27-2010, 06:29 AM
C-SPAN guest... guessing a Dem.

-t

silus
03-27-2010, 06:35 AM
The tea party movement is akin to Ron Paul supporters without knowledge and use of rational.

slothman
03-27-2010, 12:02 PM
C-SPAN guest... guessing a Dem.

-t

So because it is a Democrat it doesn't mean anything?!

torchbearer
03-27-2010, 12:11 PM
People don't need to know about the C4L for it to be effective. all that is needed, is for us to use the national organization to put force behind political actions.
CPAC for instance.

Anti Federalist
03-27-2010, 12:14 PM
50 percent probably don't know where the capitol is.

torchbearer
03-27-2010, 12:20 PM

One of the girls at my fam's diner asked me "what is the department of energy? do they have something to do with our electricty?"
no shit. high school grad.

no wonder, when people hear Ron say he wants to get rid of the department of energy and education, they think he is bat shit insane.
people literally thinks he wants to get rid of schools and power companies. we can't win until we tailor our message to a 6th grade audience. (same as journalist)

Inkblots
03-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Inconceivable!

Anti Federalist
03-27-2010, 12:46 PM
One of the girls at my fam's diner asked me "what is the department of energy? do they have something to do with our electricty?"
no shit. high school grad.

no wonder, when people hear Ron say he wants to get rid of the department of energy and education, they think he is bat shit insane.
people literally thinks he wants to get rid of schools and power companies. we can't win until we tailor our message to a 6th grade audience. (same as journalist)

Ugh, what an idea, even though I know there's some truth to that.

I think there really is a point where it's a lost cause, simply because of what you just said.

To be free requires a certain amount of reasoning ability and self sufficiency.

A toddler can't be "free" in the sense that we understand it, a small child must be watched all the time, lest they destroy themselves, simply due to a lack of knowledge, reasoning and understanding.

If the level of intellect has truly fallen to such a level...then I'd say that point is being reached.

dannno
03-27-2010, 01:04 PM

Ya a lot of people are unbelievably naive about politics.

It would be like somebody who has never played football, doesn't know the rules, and only sees occasional clips of it on TV trying to talk about in depth strategy and team trades instead of sitting back, listening and maybe asking an occasional question. That's how a lot of people approach politics.

Brett
03-27-2010, 01:16 PM

And 90% of neocons couldn't find Iraq or Afghanistan :p

BlackTerrel
03-27-2010, 02:40 PM
To be honest that does not surprise me at all. Most people I know don't pay attention to the news unless there is something big like 9/11 or Katrina.

They pay much more attention to sports, pop culture etc...

catdd
03-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I know 50% have never read the constitution.

silus
03-28-2010, 03:23 AM
I'd say at least 75% never have seen Bld. 7 fall.