PDA

View Full Version : New Treyson Ad in Cincy Market

Hayek's Heroes
03-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Heard it today on 550 during Hannity's show at 5:30 EDT. Points listeners to a Paul strange ideas web address and has very poorly edited clips of Rand and Ron. This is the first radio attach ad I've heard in this market. Strange thing is that this is his backyard. Is he losing support in his own territory? Hmmm....

amisspelledword
03-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Strange thing is that this is his backyard. Is he losing support in his own territory? Hmmm....

yes

MRoCkEd
03-26-2010, 04:48 PM
what did the clips say?

dannno
03-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Apparently there are a lot of commuters from KY to cincy.

samforpaul
03-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Just a FYI here:

I think it's safe to say a quarter million Kentucky residents live w/n a 20 minute drive of Cincinnati. Basically all radio and tv stations choose to originate from the Ohio rather than Kentucky side of the river. Also relatively speaking there's a lot of Republican votes to be mined in N. Ky. Therefore that's where a lot of advertising has to done from.
That's not the only place where ads are placed outside the state. When visiting Huntington, WV a few years ago I recall a Kentucky Congressional candidate advertising there because of its reach into his district in Eastern Ky.

Hayek's Heroes
03-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Apparently there are a lot of commuters from KY to cincy.

Northern Kentucky is actually the second most populous area of the State of Kentucky next to Louisville, I believe. It could also be described as South Cincinnati. It just depends whether you're North or South of the Ohio River. All of the media stations are on the Ohio side. Northern Kentucky is also home to Jim Bunning and The Treyson.

BamaFanNKy
03-26-2010, 09:36 PM
54% of the population is in the Golden Triangle:
http://www.northernkentuckyusa.com/ImageGallery/138/Golden-Triangle.jpg

Thargok
03-28-2010, 03:05 PM
I can confirm the same ad is being run here in Lexington. I also heard a few callers on the radio rip on Trey for being such a liar.

MRoCkEd
03-28-2010, 03:08 PM
I also heard a few callers on the radio rip on Trey for being such a liar.
Good to hear...

Matt Collins
03-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I also heard a few callers on the radio rip on Trey for being such a liar.That's awesome! :D