PDA

View Full Version : Positive Ron Paul article in Danish news!

CasualApathy
10-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Translated from danish by me, original article: http://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/politik/article346483.ece

Republican war-opponent spawns cult following

Ron Paul is in every way an unusual republican presidential candidate.

His campaign is mainly focused around the internet, his fundraising has recently exploded, and he is the only republican candidate who opposes the war in Iraq.

"It's not complicated" the congressman from Texas argues:

"We went into Iraq for false reasons, it has turned into a quagmire, so i think we should just come home" is his message. This message is very unpopular with the republican establishment, but it spawns excitement amongst a whole new generation of voters.

The worlds policeman
His supporters, mainly young independant or disillusioned voters, are more then happy to see an end to the United states role as the worlds policeman.

"We are spending nearly a trillion dollars maintaining an empire, which only gets us into trouble, and undermines our national security" Ron paul says. He is also a proponent for a minimal state without an education policy, a war on drugs and without taxes.

"My message is about freedom, prosperity and hope" he tells the New York Times.

As popular as Paris
His stances have given him cult-status on the internet, where his name is as popular as Paris Hilton's.

It is also online that his supporters are generuosly donating to his campaign.

His supporters could recently celebrate a fundraising total of 5 million dollars for the third quarter - the same amount that the much more well-known establishment candidate John McCain was able to raise.

10thAmendmentMan
10-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Now I hope some Danish newspaper publishes a not-terribly-funny cartoon of Ron Paul with a bomb for a hat, so he can get extra press. :p

CasualApathy
10-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Now I hope some Danish newspaper publishes a not-terribly-funny cartoon of Ron Paul with a bomb for a hat, so he can get extra press. :p

Ha ha, oh yes. That IS what we are known for now isn't it?

And here our leaders worked long and hard to brand denmark as "The fairytale country" :D

CasualApathy
10-09-2007, 12:57 PM
This is the first article i have seen here in denmark by the way. Dare i say media breakthrough?

Ron Paul is certainly making even bigger waves now that we are picking it up all the way over here. And mind you our media isn't much better then yours.