PDA

View Full Version : help with a response - RE: hillary and obama

McDermit
10-09-2007, 12:21 PM
This letter to the editor was printed in our local paper today:

Don’t worry, voters. Hillary or Barack, or maybe both as ticket, will be on ’08 ballot

The war in Iraq hopefully will end soon.

Not only has the war been a horrible mess for the Iraqi people, but it has created a mess for America as well.

Because of this war, the American people are divided and confused.

And they found out (finally) how corrupt and deceiving a government can be.

Thanks to the Bush administration, the people have had a wake-up call to the ways that lies, cover-ups, deceit and greed can be so damaging to our government’s basic structure.

But don’t worry, America, the 2008 elections will be here soon. And I’m confident that the American people will do the right thing to put us back on track.

I already know who I am voting for – Hillary Clinton. I also feel Barack Obama is an excellent choice.

I hope the winner – Hillary or Barack – will pick the other as their running mate. With that ticket, two factions that have long been suppressed will be finally represented – women and blacks.

For more than 200 years, our leaders have little by little leaned to the support of the special interest groups and the giant corporations and have done little to help and take special care of the true backbone of this country – working-class Americans.

That part of America has done all the hard work that was necessary to be done. And the lower and middle class pay the bulk of our taxes, but sadly, they have little to show for their sacrifices.

I hope when Hillary and Barack enter Washington, they will have a new attitude, far removed from those who preceded them. The huge government machine has for all these years dictated: “Welcome to the system. It will be business as usual.”

That is why every president in the past has promised change, but never managed to accomplish it.

That’s due to the huge machine that led them down the worn-out path of “business as usual.”

Hillary and Barack must not let the political machine influence them to be just another administration that took “business as usual.”

Courage and honesty will be their hallmark, which could make them one of America’s greatest teams.

The truth pleases God.

Curtis L. Dalrymple, Exeter, PA

tp://www.timesleader.com/opinion/letters/20071007_dalrymple_letter_ART.html

A response definitely needs to get published! I just had one published a few days ago though, so they won't print mine. Could someone please write up a response and submit it to the paper?

http://www.timesleader.com/opinion/submit

Kregener
10-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Hooray for statism!

JoshLowry
10-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Bring on Hillary and Barack.

Although, I want reparations plus interest for the $5,000 bond I was supposed to receive when I was born.

http://images.dmusic.com/v7/emoticons/puke.gif

ronpaulhawaii
10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Craft the response to point out that neither will end the war and may just expand it. RP is the only candidate that will end the war in a timely fashion (and hunt down the terrorists as the cutthroats they are)

cac1963
10-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Craft the response to point out that neither will end the war and may just expand it. RP is the only candidate that will end the war in a timely fashion (and hunt down the terrorists as the cutthroats they are)

Or you could say that you like Hillary because she'll keep troops in Iraq to make sure our honor is preserved. Of course it would ruin your credibility with the locals, so have someone else write it.

Jordan
10-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Paul will work to fix America's economy

To the editor:

Don't be fooled by the new highs of the stock market. The market gains may be due entirely to the devaluation of the U.S. dollar because of deficit spending, war and loss of consumer confidence.

Let's compare the Standard & Poor's 500 to the value of the global currency, gold. In 2002, the S&P sat at about 1175, which means the S&P was worth the equivalent of 4.2 ounces of gold. Fast forward through a war and five years of deficit spending, and while the S&P 500 is now sitting at 1550, the value in gold of the S&P 500 is only 2.08 ounces.

In reality, the markets have lost more than 50 percent of their value due to a falling dollar.

The next time you look at your retirement statements, realize that while you may have made substantial gains over the last few years, you really lost 50 percent of your money due to overspending.

Elect someone who can make a difference, move the dollar back to a gold standard, cut spending back to pre-2001 levels and promote a healthy economy. Look no further than Rep. Ron Paul in the 2008 presidential race.

Thats what I sent in about a week ago. Got in on the Sunday press, very happy.

ronpaulhawaii
10-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Great ltr Jordon

CodeMonkey
10-10-2007, 09:43 AM
I wrote a response yesterday and they just called me to confirm that I wrote the letter. Does that mean they're gonna use it?