PDA

View Full Version : Frum Canned from AEI

AuH20
03-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Now that the flock has broke out of the pen, why do they have to waste money paying a gatekeeper like Frum?

http://www.politico.com/playbook/0310/playbook998.html

angelatc
03-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Tom Woods posted about that on his Facebook, saying (and I am paraphrasing) that the liberals were upset about it. :)

ETA: Noting that Frum provided the obligatory condescending reference to "intellectual conservatives."

amy31416
03-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Tom Woods posted about that on his Facebook, saying (and I am paraphrasing) that the liberals were upset about it. :)

I took a look at Huffington Post, and the liberals are now saying what a wonderful guy he is because he's "honest and has principles."

Wow.

Anti Federalist
03-26-2010, 12:02 PM

He wrote about this at Lew Rockwell's blog.

He called it DeFrumenstration.

I LoL'ed

AuH20
03-26-2010, 12:05 PM
So Brooks is the lone voice of reason left.....;):D

GunnyFreedom
03-26-2010, 12:07 PM
I took a look at Huffington Post, and the liberals are now saying what a wonderful guy he is because he's "honest and has principles."

Wow.

Off Topic:

Y'know, since I've always been more of an amperage guy than a voltage guy, I really liked your resister avatar and was sorry to see it go. ;) LMAO

amy31416
03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Off Topic:

Y'know, since I've always been more of an amperage guy than a voltage guy, I really liked your resister avatar and was sorry to see it go. ;) LMAO

Hehe...well, most people had no idea what the heck it was, and I'm sure people don't know what the heck my new one is either. :p

But I still have resisters on my profile page...

Romulus
03-26-2010, 12:12 PM

Wow.

Liberals are funny like that. Kind of like they support the war now. Go figure.

Epic
03-26-2010, 12:34 PM
so liberals are backing a big war supporter from the Bush administration, because he likes big government?

I mean, this says everything, doesn't it?

angelatc
03-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Hehe...well, most people had no idea what the heck it was, and I'm sure people don't know what the heck my new one is either. :p

But I still have resisters on my profile page...

I knew what it was, but never got around to seeing if the color codes translated to pi or anything. :)

High school elective electronics: Bad Boys Rape Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly.

I'm guessing they've edited that for PC in today's classes....

AuH20
03-26-2010, 12:37 PM
so liberals are backing a big war supporter from the Bush administration, because he likes big government?

I mean, this says everything, doesn't it?

They're like the Borg. SWEAR ALLEGIANCE TO THE STATE! I really despise progressives.

Anti Federalist
03-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I knew what it was, but never got around to seeing if the color codes translated to pi or anything. :)

High school elective electronics: Bad Boys Rape Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly.

For converting true bearing to magnetic to compass bearing:

True Virgins Make Dull Company.

True - Variation - Magnetic - Deviation - Compass.

I thought Amy's resistance added up to 1776 ohms myself.

:D

specsaregood
03-26-2010, 12:42 PM

ETA: Noting that Frum provided the obligatory condescending reference to "intellectual conservatives."

Frum said from his iPhone. “But the core of the story is the kind of economic pressure that intellectual conservatives are under. AEI represents the best of the conservative world. [AEI President] Arthur Brooks is a brilliant man, and his books are fantastic. But the elite isn’t leading anymore. It’s trapped. Partly because of the desperate economic situation in the country, what were once the leading institutions of conservatism are constrained.

It seems to me that Frum is saying that it is a bad thing that "the elite" aren't leading/in charge anymore? Hrm, doesn't sound too bad to me.

angelatc
03-26-2010, 01:01 PM
It seems to me that Frum is saying that it is a bad thing that "the elite" aren't leading/in charge anymore? Hrm, doesn't sound too bad to me.

That's exactly what he is saying, and it is a core tenet of neo-conservatism. According to Irving Kristol, only the intellectual elite should have any real say in policy making.

And by extension, I assume that only the intellectual elite are qualified to anoint other members of the intellectual elite with the title of intellectual elite.

lester1/2jr
03-26-2010, 01:09 PM
liberals always fall for this. one of the neocons says someting they like and they paint him as civilized.

no, liberals this guy wrote the axis of evil speech. He is ten times crazier and more dangerous than anything you will find at a tea party rally or even a klan rally

Light
03-26-2010, 01:23 PM
liberals always fall for this. one of the neocons says someting they like and they paint him as civilized.

no, liberals this guy wrote the axis of evil speech. He is ten times crazier and more dangerous than anything you will find at a tea party rally or even a klan rally

Neocons are liberals that pretend to be conservative. Of course liberals will like a neocon once he drops the act.

amy31416
03-26-2010, 02:05 PM

Holy crap...I never heard that one! But I didn't take electronics in HS, had it as a side-course for instrumental analysis in college. Though my mentor, who was quite a character and would often go off on tangents (and was one hell of a bluegrass musician) gave the class a lesson in how to remember phone numbers because, as a married man, you never, ever write them down.... :eek:

amy31416
03-26-2010, 02:08 PM

Ya know what else is just fantastic about the left? I made a comment at HP about just who this guy is, and it didn't make it past moderation. And no, it didn't violate any of their commenting rules.

Gotta love it.

huckans
03-26-2010, 02:26 PM

Forgot the OUR

Bad Boys Rape OUR Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly

GunnyFreedom
03-26-2010, 02:49 PM
For converting true bearing to magnetic to compass bearing:

True Virgins Make Dull Company.

True - Variation - Magnetic - Deviation - Compass.

I thought Amy's resistance added up to 1776 ohms myself.

:D

Sorry man, resister banding only gets 2 significant digits. 8-(