PDA

View Full Version : Oh how things have changed!

moostraks
03-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Waymarks for teachers, showing aims, principles, and plans of everyday

http://books.google.com/books?id=GG0ZAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauthor:%22Sarah+Louise+Arnold%22&ei=StSsS8zgKZK0NLnkybEM&cd=8#v=twopage&q=&f=false

I have been having fun with google books recently and purchasing some OLD books off ebay for resources in our homeschool. I was reading this book this morning and thought I would forward as an oh how things have changed commentary.

Printed in 1895 "The purpose-we state it without attempt at argument-is character building-developing in the child all powers which make him an upright,honarable, helpful and upright man, which will fit him to live well the life which is his,to run well the race which is set before him. No lower aim will content a people who have declared their firm and abiding belief that all men are born free and equal, with an inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.To fit the child to a life worth living, to help himself and others to such living, to the fullest liberty, to the capacity of happiness and the means of securing it-is not this the end of education?"

Wonder what todays books for teachers cite as their goal? To provide suitable bodies for the furthering of the agenda of the state???:p

heavenlyboy34
03-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Good for you (for homeschooling yer youngins)!