PDA

View Full Version : PITA - password retrieval is broken

propanes
10-09-2007, 10:58 AM
There's no appropriate forum where I can post this message.

While traveling I couldn't login to my account. Password retrieval never sent my password to my email. I tried to create a new account that was rejected because the email was already in use. I therefor had to create a new email address. Even that didn't work; no confirmation email received after several days. I am pretty sure no filters blocked messages. My email to the site admin wasn't replied to. A few days later I was able to locate my password so I'm back online at the forums. Still grumpy.

Bryan
10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
There's no appropriate forum where I can post this message.

While traveling I couldn't login to my account. Password retrieval never sent my password to my email. I tried to create a new account that was rejected because the email was already in use. I therefor had to create a new email address. Even that didn't work; no confirmation email received after several days. I am pretty sure no filters blocked messages. My email to the site admin wasn't replied to. A few days later I was able to locate my password so I'm back online at the forums. Still grumpy.

Sorry about the problem- I'll talk with Josh on it to see how the process can be improved.

Anyway, welcome back... :)

Wendi
10-09-2007, 12:27 PM
What email server are you using? It seems to work fine for me on gmail...

propanes
10-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I have a cable connection through Time Warner / Roadrunner. Away from home I can retrieve my email through the Mozilla Thunderbird client. Webmail works too, if I need to send a message.

Glad to be back to normal again.