PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers want to ban happy meal toys

moostraks
03-26-2010, 08:28 AM
to curb obesity in California :

http://www.examiner.com/x-10317-San-Diego-County-Political-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m3d24-Lawmakers-want-to-ban-happy-meal-toys-to-curb-obesity-in-California

lol...and we were conspiracy theorists???:p

Pay attention to the statement sandwiched (teehee) in the middle of the article where writers know few seldom read:

"Supervisor Yeager says his public health ordinance banning fast-food toy incentives may draw a challenge from the California Restaurant Association, but that it would legally fall under the health and safety codes"

emphasis mine

Should be interesting to see how many more legal rights the state will see in this now...

JenaS62
03-26-2010, 08:31 AM
This is really getting out of control. When the government can start telling a corporation what they can use to increase sales - they have crossed the line.

It's up to the parents if they want their kids to have happy meals or not or are we now replacing parents with the Nanny State??? They really need to fuck off.

ChaosControl
03-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Government wants to ban everything. **** em. People need to stop putting up with this and actively defy it.

A. Havnes
03-26-2010, 08:41 AM
What?!? But those toys are the best! Wait, no, I'm thinking of Burger King and their LOTR toys.

If I were a Happy Meal loving kid there would be blood!

Elwar
03-26-2010, 08:42 AM
finally...

:rolleyes:

Philhelm
03-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Seriously, who are the people that come up with this shit? I feel like I live in Bizarro World.

LibForestPaul
03-26-2010, 09:01 AM
The ink hasn’t even dried on the new trillion-dollar entitlement health care bill and already lawmakers are gearing up with new legislation to curb societies ills.

If I'm paying, hell yeah!!!
Fatties need a new tax.
Fries tax.
Milkshake tax.
Overweight tax.

Better that the fatties pay than me.

sevin
03-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Do they really think kids won't be as interested in the happy meals if there's no toy? If anything, kids will now say, "The happy meal is too small. I want a double quarter pounder."

And even if it did discourage kids from eating mcdonalds, what the fuck business of theirs is it what kids eat? This is crazy! If this crap keeps up then this video will be a reality:

YouTube - Future of Ordering a Pizza Implanted With A RFID Chip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2U4Fj7Hj4g)

Stary Hickory
03-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Government wants to ban everything. **** em. People need to stop putting up with this and actively defy it.

Agreed time to ban government. Enough is enough. This is ridiculous. If people want to buy their food with a damn toy in the bag they have the right to do so. I cannot stand this mentality any more.

Time for a big change.

tropicangela
10-03-2010, 11:35 AM
update:

The Happy Meal ordinance is not all surprising given San Francisco's famously liberal leanings.

"San Francisco has a reputation — and it's well deserved — of being a very progressive city," said Alex Clemens, founder of Barbary Coast Consulting, a local political communications firm. "With that comes naturally, hand in hand, a reliance on government to encourage thoughtful change — that's just tradition."

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/san-francisco-considers-banning-653589.html