PDA

View Full Version : Overheard at Dinner

blsheets
03-25-2010, 07:09 PM
was eating with my wife tonight prior to her going in to work.

and there were some older people eating dinner behind us and i overheard one of the older women (60's-ish?) say that she supported the passage of the Healthcare bill because "Obama's had a rough time lately."

uh...what? so that's where we are? let's not care about what the bill contains, let's just support it because Obama has had a rough time lately...ugh.

awake
03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Wonder if she will be so forgiving when hyper inflation throws her generation onto cat food?

sevin
03-25-2010, 07:14 PM
was eating with my wife tonight prior to her going in to work.

and there were some older people eating dinner behind us and i overheard one of the older women (60's-ish?) say that she supported the passage of the Healthcare bill because "Obama's had a rough time lately."

uh...what? so that's where we are? let's not care about what the bill contains, let's just support it because Obama has had a rough time lately...ugh.

Welcome to the world of the average citizens.

mczerone
03-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Wonder if she will be so forgiving when hyper inflation throws her generation onto cat food?

Cat Food? That's a little optimistic - I was thinking cats would make some decent food themselves.

awake
03-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Cat Food? That's a little optimistic - I was thinking cats would make some decent food themselves.

Point taken.

Reason
03-25-2010, 07:18 PM
greatest argument against democracy is the a conversation with the average citizen

mczerone
03-25-2010, 08:23 PM
greatest argument against democracy is the a conversation with the average citizen

What I find amazing is that when you really discuss an issue with anyone in particular, they are very quick to agree that "most" people don't have the correct facts, logic, or conclusions.

If you talk to any professional, and ask them about a story about something in their field in the news, they always point out how the reporting was superficial and technically inaccurate.

And finally, everyone realizes that the biggest ideas (whether technical, cultural, artistic, philosophical, scientific, or theoretical) emanate from a single person and a small group of adherents while being shunned by the masses and the establishment.

'Democracy' is in direct contradiction to these observations.

legion
03-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah. Get ready to meet normally apolitical people that were "for health care reform the whole time." Just like the people that vote based on who they think will win. Reeeediculous.

Rael
03-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Not too surprising from someone who's going to get all her bills paid for by the younger generation.