PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys helping 1st LT Michael Behenna?

BamaFanNKy
03-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Write letters so this man can get a fair trial!

http://defendmichael.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/michaels-pre-deployment-214.jpg?w=500

YouTube - Michael Savage Talks to Mother of Army Ranger 1st Lieutenant Michael Behenna - 1/15/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAiTM_Qw9PU)

http://defendmichael.wordpress.com

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-25-2010, 03:20 PM
If we could pull our heads out of the ass of politics there is real opportunity to leverage the momentum of the hell care aftermath with this story and the second amendment marches.

BlackTerrel
03-25-2010, 08:42 PM
I can't stand Michael Savage but that was pretty compelling.

AmericaFyeah92
03-25-2010, 09:33 PM
yet another reason to NEVER JOIN THE MILITARY

libertarian4321
03-26-2010, 03:28 AM
From the LT's own web site:

"Mansur was known to be a member of an Al Qaeda cell operating in the lieutenant’s area of operation and was suspected to have organized an attack on Lt. Behenna’s platoon in April 2008 which killed two U.S. soldiers and injured two more. Army intelligence ordered the release of Mansur and Lt. Behenna was ordered to return the terrorist to his home.

During the return of Mansur, Lt. Behenna again questioned the Al Qaeda member for information about other members of the terrorist cell, and financial supporters. During this interrogation, Mansur attacked Lt. Behenna, who killed the terrorist in self-defense."

Okay, this sounds a little fishy to me.

The LT was ordered to take the SUSPECTED terrorist back to his home. I guarantee you there were several armed soldiers at the scene when the LT took it upon himself to reopen the interrogation (probably contrary to the orders he was given). It wasn't just an LT and a translator bopping around by themselves in hostile territory.

The LT expects us to believe that one UNARMED "terrorist" (who probably would have been completely overmatched against even one unarmed Army Ranger) attacked a group of heavily armed US Army Rangers and had to be shot because he was a threat?

Sounds a bit suspicious. Kind of like the old "shot while trying to escape" excuse that was sometimes used in WW2 when inconvenient prisoners inexplicably died in the hands of their captors.

My guess is that the LT was pissed off because a guy he thought was involved with killing a couple of his men was being set free, and he decided to "administer justice" with the business end of a rifle.

The LT was given a trial in a US military court, and judged by fellow soldiers. News flash, folks, soldiers typically don't "railroad" and falsely convict other soldiers for no reason.

Surely there were other soldiers who witnessed the event. Neither Savage nor the mother tells us what those guys said, but they must have testified that the LT's version of the story was not true. There isn't a chance in Hell he would have been convicted in a military court if his soldiers had backed him up.

In other words, an unarmed prisoner was shot while in the custody of a LT who known to be angry at the prisoner, and apparently was not backed up by his fellow soldiers. I'm not surprised he was convicted.

The reason the LT is in Leavenworth is not because of some conspiracy, but probably because he's guilty (its possible you know, we don't become saints when we throw on a uniform).

The LT's mother claims that they were unaware of some forensic evidence at the time of the trial. Fine- go ahead and try for an appeal, as is his right. But I doubt the results will change.