PDA

View Full Version : Census Non-Cense?

Reason
03-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Millions of Americans received the 2010 Census this month.

The cover letter demands in bold type: "Please complete and mail back the enclosed census form today."

That letter is dated March 15.

The first census question is: "How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010?"

Sorry, guys. Couldn't fill out my census this year.

My crystal ball was in the repair shop.

Reason
03-25-2010, 12:42 PM
* ONE MAN'S ANSWER TO THE CENSUS: "Yes, we are a family of 17 Antarctican immigrants who belong to the Jedi Order, and live with our pets whom we have married in three-and-a-half-way marriages. We have no clue whose children these are living among us. We have 3 bathrooms, but no indoor plumbing. Our electricity is provided by our tank of electric eels. Our house has 197 3/4 rooms if you count the 8 other spatial dimensions which are wrapped around us. ...You've got a little string of 7th dimension on your elbow even now. Please don't take it with you when you leave, since that is where my archaeopteryx sleeps. But, it's time to bow to the carpet slugs now, so I must go. May you serve the picklewarts with gusto!" -- Kent McManigal, "Preparing for the census," Albuquerque Libertarian Examiner (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103227020399&s=85131&e=001Xm0mFNkOarE2Nqq2kW6zAKiJMWxYxPmWFK_3ZdYa9xmCZ DF_uDMt8J9rsRELgq0BVF7OX4vopNyIFiA9PthEpaE2pYZm51m ollMLV9pKt33fuPFOhfBip17dlH15ZUBaqTEiA9JSyXacawEfu 3wd7GjdWWN0Mi4acxjKpfo1wLxPGy3ht9qbWbDcOgWccY_9FRf KCAHxMqeByKHEicwuaQVg3tVjqOkG), January 30, 2010.

Sarge
03-25-2010, 12:44 PM
And they even sent a follow up at great cost.

Ours is aging like a wine waiting until after April 1st. They said April 1st, and not a day sooner.

Total fricken idiots running this Country now.

ChaosControl
03-25-2010, 01:40 PM
I still haven't bothered with mine.
I don't know that I will. I suppose I should at least send it in with how many people are in the house.

Erazmus
03-25-2010, 02:06 PM
I still haven't bothered with mine.
I don't know that I will. I suppose I should at least send it in with how many people are in the house.

I'm putting this with mine.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/52847.html

To Whom it May Concern,

Pursuant to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, the only information you are empowered to request is the total number of occupants at this address. My “name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, telephone number, relationship and housing tenure” have absolutely nothing to do with apportioning direct taxes or determining the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. Therefore, neither Congress nor the Census Bureau have the constitutional authority to make that information request a component of the enumeration outlined in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3. In addition, I cannot be subject to a fine for basing my conduct on the Constitution because that document trumps laws passed by Congress.

Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)

“Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [such as the Census Bureau], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190. We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524,―and it cannot be too often repeated,―that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it’s employees of the sanctity of a man’s home and the privacies of his life. As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, ‘of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others. Without the enjoyment of this right, all others would lose half their value.’”

Note: This United States Supreme Court case has never been overturned.

Respectfully,

A Citizen of the United States of America

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-25-2010, 02:09 PM
There is no one at this address named "Resident". If he stops by, I will tell him you are trying to get a hold of him.