PDA

View Full Version : This should fly well in TX,CA, and AZ

Sarge
03-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Let me see, riding a bike across Phoenix in 120 degrees. Texas ditto. CA oh yeah!

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/63290

Have the DC Clowns ever tried to walk or ride a bike in these States for any distance?

Let me see. Ride a bike to South Phoenix to pick up our boat today. It takes 45 minutes driving each way. It takes almost two days to cross Texas in a car.

Oh yeah, ride a bike in 40 degree below weather. You first DC Clowns. Oh wait, Nancy has 5 jets to fly across the US. That doesn't count.

JK/SEA
03-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Plexiglas covered bike paths with air conditioning/heating coming soon to a freeway near you.

Zippyjuan
03-25-2010, 12:23 PM
One key would be to live closer to work. I am able to walk to work which I know is very rare. I am about to head out for a 50 mile bike ride today. I started walking to school and not much later riding a bike in elementary school (about a mile each way). Even in college it was either walk or ride the bike. Colorado in winter- occasionally literally walking two miles each way in two feet of snow and below zero temperature for the high. Yes, there were hills in both directions. I get along without a car just fine. I have developed my life around it- others assume that they will get arouind by car and are willing to travel longer distances to work or school or whatever. They assume they will go by car- I assume I will not go by car. It is all about your perspective. Yes, I am in CA now.

Places like Minnesota in winter are also not very conducive to riding a bicycle to work or wherever.

DamianTV
03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Easy to implement. Just let gasoline hit 20 bucks a gallon.

jsu718
03-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Easy to implement. Just let gasoline hit 20 bucks a gallon.

That's not really one of those things you can just "let" happen. Market forces would never push it that high. The only way to do that would be to either cut off trade with the middle east, entirely stop domestic production, or a trade embargo with Canada... that, or tax each gallon by another $18.

Erazmus
03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
That's not really one of those things you can just "let" happen. Market forces would never push it that high. The only way to do that would be to either cut off trade with the middle east, entirely stop domestic production, or a trade embargo with Canada... that, or tax each gallon by another $18.

Or the dollar collapses.

MikeStanart
03-25-2010, 02:29 PM
This is silly.

However, I can see it beneficial to have bike lanes in highly dense populated cities, or even college towns; to implement this across the entire U.S is just plain stupid. This is a local issue which should be decided locally.