PDA

View Full Version : Wash Post: Cheney's last endorsement lost by 21 points

itshappening
03-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Cheney endorsed Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison earlier this year in her primary challenge to Texas Gov. Rick Perry, calling her the true conservative voice in the race.

Cheney's endorsement did next to nothing to help Hutchison and, in fact, might have hurt her at the margins as it played into Perry's central argument -- that the Senator was controlled by Washington elites while he was answerable only to the people of Texas.

Perry won the primary going away, beating Hutchison by 21 points and putting Cheney (and the other members of the George W. Bush team that had endorsed her) in the Fix's loser circle.

Given that recent history, we tend to see Cheney as fitting best into the out-of-state statewide endorsement. That means that while Cheney's endorsement is nice for Grayson to have -- and may well earn him a second look by some Kentucky Republican primary voters -- it's not likely to be determinative come May 18.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/fix-endorsement-hierarchy/dick-cheney-trey-grayson-and-t.html?wprss=thefix

-

hoping recent history repeats itself...

Aratus
03-25-2010, 07:26 AM
karl rove + dick cheney have been trying to lasso the teaparty express.
if cheney's instincts are into the zone of being a creature of habit for the same
reasons deep down, does KBH=CMG? like is trey a very silly likewise???

Juan McCain
03-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Ya' know . . . the next C-J poll would be in a few weeks (?) . . . post- Cheeney endorsement.
IF it happened to be an even bigger lead at that time, 15 - 20 ponts say . . .

then Cheney will have done his part and this would unofficially be over.

TCE
03-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Ya' know . . . the next C-J poll would be in a few weeks (?) . . . post- Cheeney endorsement.
IF it happened to be an even bigger lead at that time, 15 - 20 ponts say . . .

then Cheney will have done his part and this would unofficially be over.

Republicans like him, so I am not expecting that to be the case. By that time, McConnell and Grayson will have started campaigning, so expect the next poll to be very different.

Aratus
03-25-2010, 10:24 AM
LETS TAKE BETs! I SAY RAND PAUL SMUCKs TREY GRAYSON BY 20 POINTs EASY!

I SAY Lt. DAN and JACK CONWAY run EVEN to TREY! LIKEWISE I SAY

RAND PAUL TROUNCES BOTH Lt. DAN + JACK CONWAY...

HarryBrowneLives
03-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Wonder when ole Dick will invite Trey down to do some bird hunting????:D