PDA

View Full Version : Coffin placed on Carnahan's lawn

Rael
03-25-2010, 03:40 AM
A coffin was placed on a Missouri Democrat’s lawn, another in a string of incidents against lawmakers after their vote Sunday on a health care overhaul.

Rep. Russ Carnahan (D-Mo.) had a coffin placed “near his home,” a spokesman said Wednesday evening.

This came after Rep. Tom Perriello’s (D-Va.) brother’s gas lines were cut, Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) received death threats and Rules Committee Chairwoman Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) received a message saying snipers were being deployed to kill children of those who voted for health care overhaul.

Several other Democrats have had threats leveled against them, prompting a closed-door briefing of Democratic members by the FBI, Capitol Police and the House Sergeant at Arms.

“Carnahan appreciates thoughtful feedback received both in favor and opposition of health insurance reform,” Carnahan spokesman Jim Hubbard told POLITICO Wednesday evening “We can disagree on important issues facing our country without resorting to this kind of thing. Russ Carnahan isn’t going to shy away from the importance of reform when 45,000 fellow Americans died last year due to a lack of health insurance.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34982.html#ixzz0jBCxXH1e

Libertini
03-25-2010, 04:49 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3552/3377919981_109d7d0233.jpg

Sarge
03-25-2010, 06:25 AM
Here is another side to the story.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/03/sorry-lamestream-media-the-coffin-on-carnahans-lawn-was-for-a-prayer-vigel-not-for-threats/

winston_blade
03-25-2010, 06:27 AM
When people have violence used against them, they tend to react with violence.

A. Havnes
03-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Here is another side to the story.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/03/sorry-lamestream-media-the-coffin-on-carnahans-lawn-was-for-a-prayer-vigel-not-for-threats/

On Sunday night several members of the St. Louis Tea Party Coalition held a prayer vigil at Russ Carnahan’s office for the millions of babies that will be slaughtered under the democrat’s pro-abortion health care bill. We also prayed for the handicapped and the elderly who will be turned away as they face the death panels created by this bill. And, as we stood outside his office in the rain, we prayed for our country and for the democrats in Washington DC who were stealing away our freedom at that very moment.

We brought a coffin with us to represent the millions of Americans who will suffer from inadequate treatment and perish under Obamacare.

Sounds like a drastically different picture than the one the MSM is trying to paint.

MelissaWV
03-25-2010, 06:45 AM

I don't see violence. I see mostly threats (with the exception of the gas line being cut, which I agree could have actually led to something pretty tragic). A coffin on the lawn? Phonecalls? Sounds like free expression :p

Sarge
03-25-2010, 06:56 AM
"Sounds like a drastically different picture than the one the MSM is trying to paint."

Right you are. They are trying to drag down the Tea Party people.

Cowlesy
03-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Sounds like acts of people wishing to change the story and headlines to anti-Tea Party sentiment to me.

Remember that kid Maurice Schwenkler?
http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_13203950

Considering that most of the people who are pissed off about the healthcare legislation have jobs and are productive citizens, I think people need to be REALLY careful about drawing conclusions about these acts.

Of course, we would never expect that adherence to research and reporting from most of the media.

moostraks
03-25-2010, 07:01 AM
"Sounds like a drastically different picture than the one the MSM is trying to paint."

Right you are. They are trying to drag down the Tea Party people.

;) that was my opinion as well with this coverage...

Would not be surprised to see some pot stirring here as some less frequent posters make unacceptable suggestions. Seems to come in waves that co-ordinate with the msm.

fisharmor
03-25-2010, 07:25 AM
The funny thing is that they're trying to paint anyone claiming the conservative mantle as being violent, but the reality is that the more they report on these stories, the more they give the population the idea that this type of behavior is a normal way to react to profoundly bad legislation.

If they report on every single incident which isn't life threatening, they're going to condition the public, and then it's only a matter of time before someone raises the stakes. We're practically guaranteed that more horrible legislation is coming, so the likelihood that it's going to get even more real is pretty high, IMO.

It's frickin' hilarious to me that MSM is effectively pushing the public in that direction.

pcosmar
03-25-2010, 08:06 AM

Who?
There is and has been violence used against the American people by the government and their enforcers.
There were several acts of violence against Tea Parties. Mostly by SEIU thugs.

so which people were you referring to?
:confused:

pcosmar
03-25-2010, 08:14 AM
It's frickin' hilarious to me that MSM is effectively pushing the public in that direction.

To me it is not funny at all. But it is expected.
The media is provoking and manipulating this.

I remember during the Tea Parties they painted the folks as violent and yet the only violence was the SEIU thugs attacking the protesters.
They even twisted the Open Carry folks as violent and yet the truth is that they were preventing violence.

More propaganda at work.
The media and TPTB are provoking violence. They want it.

specsaregood
03-25-2010, 08:22 AM
I see mostly threats (with the exception of the gas line being cut, which I agree could have actually led to something pretty tragic).
Even then it was the gas line to a BBQ grill. It aint like it was a live gas line into a house. The thing no doubt bled out all the gas in a few minutes, it dissipated into the air and was harmless.

MelissaWV
03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Even then it was the gas line to a BBQ grill. It aint like it was a live gas line into a house. The thing no doubt bled out all the gas in a few minutes, it dissipated into the air and was harmless.

No doubt, but it was an action that COULD have caused harm (it'd just have been a fluke). It just makes it a bit different than speaking threats. I suppose that if your language is bad enough, you could give a Congresscritter a heart attack, though.

Light
03-25-2010, 08:47 AM
The media is definitely trying to provoke the public into a wave of violence. Of course, those who use violence will lose, and it will play exactly into the elitists' hands. What better way to grab guns?

Aratus
03-25-2010, 09:31 AM
posse comitatus in louisiana in the 1870s lingers long.
at a rand paul rally this idiot wore a chicken suit. the young
son of ron paul is a frontrunner candidate. the idiot who must have
been on a quiet paycheck from the trey grayson people ran into the laws
we once had circa the presidency of u.s grant, let alone good ole FDR and ww2...
we are not inside a purely civilian peacetime environment and thusly we do
have the lingering ambiguities of the triple "k" terrorist conspiratorial
actions that had triggered a very severe federal level framework.

Aratus
03-25-2010, 09:33 AM
thah cop in KY done 'deputy dawg' tole the youth to
take off his mask. yes, he had to... so he did so!!!

JK/SEA
03-25-2010, 09:37 AM
//

noxagol
03-25-2010, 09:58 AM

Propane is heavier than air. If the house were in a valley (not a huge one, just in a small bowl in the area), the gas would have traveled down hill and all of it would have settled in the house. One spark, and you've got a house engulfed in flames rather quickly.

silentshout
03-25-2010, 11:16 AM
I do think they need to stop with the "death panel" stuff. Point out the real problems with the bill is what is needed...the talk about death panels makes them seem off-kilter.

fisharmor
03-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Propane is heavier than air. If the house were in a valley (not a huge one, just in a small bowl in the area), the gas would have traveled down hill and all of it would have settled in the house. One spark, and you've got a house engulfed in flames rather quickly.

Yes, if the house were in a valley (of impermeable material, with a roof on it, essentially a big airtight box) and if the propane were leaking out of a cylinder (about the size of a cargo ship) then this would happen.

Come on, people. There isn't enough propane in an entire 5 gallon barbecue LP tank to be a threat, unless it's failing catastrophically (like from being shot with a rifle) or it's being intentionally burned, or it's being breathed directly from the tank.

Plus, if they cut a barbecue line, and the gas leaked out, it's the owner's own damned fault for leaving his tank open.

winston_blade
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Who?
There is and has been violence used against the American people by the government and their enforcers.
There were several acts of violence against Tea Parties. Mostly by SEIU thugs.

so which people were you referring to?
:confused:

All taxation would be considered a violent act. People can only be pushed so far.

moostraks
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I do think they need to stop with the "death panel" stuff. Point out the real problems with the bill is what is needed...the talk about death panels makes them seem off-kilter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/19/magazine/19healthcare-t.html

Why We Must Ration Health Care

read from the msm as to how it must be rationed

rationed care=death panels

Every time people want to bring the harsh cold reality of government decisions down to what the results are they are smeared with comments such as off-kilter. If you can, explain how this will not result in rationed care nor will that result in people being left to die based upon some government worker's assessment.

Furthermore in order to apply the preventative care they insist is necessary to keep costs low you will have more legislation to allow the government more invasion into your privacy. Death panels is the tip of the iceberg.:(