PDA

View Full Version : a look at the religious-political power structure in the U.S.

emazur
03-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Just came across this article by William Engdahl (who is one of the authors in Ron Paul's reading list in Revolution - A Manifesto) written a couple years ago. All of this was completely foreign to me so I thought I'd sure - I can't be the only one who has been in the dark. This need not go in the 'religion' subforum - it's more about the political power elite who operate under the guise of Christianity (I'll leave it up to the individual to determine whether or not this elite actually believes in Christian principles).
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10167
A few snippits:

Many of the religious evangelical groups in America are coordinated top-down by a secretive organization called the Committee on National Policy. Former close Bush adviser, Rev. Ted Haggard, was a member of the Committee on National Policy until a sex and drugs scandal forced him out in late 2006.

Religious researchers Paul and Phillip Collins describe the CNP as follows: ‘The CNP appears to be a creation of factions of the power elite designed to mobilize well-meaning Christians to unwittingly support elite initiatives. The CNP could also be considered a project in religious engineering that empties Christianity of its metaphysical substance and re-conceptualizes many of its principles and concepts according to the socially and politically expedient designs of the elite. These contentions are supported by the fact that many CNP members are also members of other organizations and/or criminal enterprises that are tied directly to the power elite.’3

In order to shape public debate over the course of national military and foreign as well as domestic policy, the US establishment had to create mass-based organizations to manipulate public opinion in ways contrary to the self-interest of the majority of the American people. The Committee on National Policy was formed to be a central part of this mass manipulation.

The Committee on National Policy is a vital link between multi-billion dollar defense contractors, Washington lobbyists like the convicted felon and Republican fundraiser, Jack Abramoff, and the Christian Right. It’s at the heart of a new axis between right-wing military politics, support for the Pentagon war agenda globally and the neo-conservative political control of much of US foreign and defense policy.
The CNP has been at the center of Karl Rove’s carefully-constructed Bush political machine. Tom Delay and dozens of top Bush Administration Republicans are or had been members of the CNP. Few details about the organization are leaked to the public. As secretive as the Bilderberg Group if not more so, the CNP releases no press statements, meets in secret and never reveals names of its members willingly.

Sarah Palin has spent more than two and a half decades of her life as a member of an Alaska church which is part of a fanatical Christian-named cult project that is sweeping across America. Palin comes out of the most radical stream of US Born-Again Evangelism known as ‘Joel’s Army,’ an offshoot of what is called Dominionism and sometimes also called the Latter Rain cult or Manifest Sons of God. The movement deliberately attempts to remain below the radar screen.

All evidence suggests Palin was carefully selected by the leadership of the Bush-Cheney-McCain Republican party to galvanize the Party’s activist Evangelical base, something McCain had been unable to do.

Some theological and political background to the Joel’s Army or Third Wave movement as it is also known, is instructive. It teaches a radical fundamentalist creed that its adherents must actively engage in politics, to become what they term, ‘soldiers in God’s Army.’

The Joel’s Army movement focuses on recruiting young people to sessions of writhing on the floor in uncontrollable ecstasy, calling it a sign of the ‘Holy Spirit.’ Children as young as five speak of having ‘gotten saved.’ The movement is extremely authoritarian according to those conservative Christian churches who have studied and openly oppose the sect as heretical. It teaches a dogma that echoes the infamous Manichean line of George Bush following the shock of September 11, 2001: ‘There are two kinds of people in the World: Those who love Jesus, and those who don’t.’

lynnf
03-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Just came across this article by William Engdahl (who is one of the authors in Ron Paul's reading list in Revolution - A Manifesto) written a couple years ago. All of this was completely foreign to me so I thought I'd sure - I can't be the only one who has been in the dark. This need not go in the 'religion' subforum - it's more about the political power elite who operate under the guise of Christianity (I'll leave it up to the individual to determine whether or not this elite actually believes in Christian principles).
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10167
A few snippits:

wow, this is very revealing about Caribou Barbie (aka Sarah Palin). hope it
gets around to her admirers.

lynn

Light
03-25-2010, 04:43 AM
wow, this is very revealing about Caribou Barbie (aka Sarah Palin). hope it
gets around to her admirers.

lynn

Fortunately, Palin has little cross-over appeal. However, if the economy gets even worse, then I am sure even a Bag of Leaves could defeat Obama.

Travlyr
03-25-2010, 05:02 AM
Good stuff.