10-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Try to find some time, folks, to spread the word. :D

ross11988
10-09-2007, 09:49 AM
same, u copy cat

Sematary
10-09-2007, 12:05 PM
same, u copy cat

I managed to get to a Walmart, a major grocery store chain parking lot (also has a kmart and another, larger mini-mall. I probably put out about 500 or so slimjims and had some really good conversations. I'm pretty sure we have some new supporters now. :)

steph3n
10-09-2007, 12:06 PM
I made some converts while dining last night after a marathon of working over 72 hours non stop :) even got an email from him this morning saying how nice it was to meet me, pretty cool :)

Sematary
10-09-2007, 12:09 PM
I made some converts while dining last night after a marathon of working over 72 hours non stop :) even got an email from him this morning saying how nice it was to meet me, pretty cool :)

Yup, it's always nice when you get to see the fruits of your labors realized.

ross11988
10-09-2007, 12:35 PM

yes it is, its motivational

specsaregood
10-09-2007, 12:39 PM

Every time our group goes out and does events, we end up with a few new people signing up to our meetup group. It is nice to see results.

AFTFNJ
10-09-2007, 01:13 PM
I was putting slim jims on cars in Woodbridge mall NJ & the rent a cop told me to stop since its private property. They have rent a cop @ wall mart too I guess I will hit Park N ride in a hour.

McDermit
10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Do you ever stick around to see the reactions when people find stuff on their cars? We've only done parking lot flyering a few times, and I've yet to see anything negative... but some of our meetup members are really against it, since they assume that it would piss most people off.

Sematary
10-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Do you ever stick around to see the reactions when people find stuff on their cars? We've only done parking lot flyering a few times, and I've yet to see anything negative... but some of our meetup members are really against it, since they assume that it would piss most people off.

No. People are really nice and 99% of the time you see them reading it as they are getting into their car or you'll see a passenger reading as the driver drives away. I get to talk to alot of people too. I've never had a negative experience and there is one local woman who actually sought me out because of a slimjim I left on her car - not because she was pissed, but because she was hooked. :D

McDermit
10-09-2007, 01:55 PM
No. People are really nice and 99% of the time you see them reading it as they are getting into their car or you'll see a passenger reading as the driver drives away. I get to talk to alot of people too. I've never had a negative experience and there is one local woman who actually sought me out because of a slimjim I left on her car - not because she was pissed, but because she was hooked. :D

Thank you! :D

I've seen similar reactions. Never found a slimjim or mosaic on the ground yet either! I'm forwarding your response to my meetup. :p

specsaregood
10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Thank you! :D

I've seen similar reactions. Never found a slimjim or mosaic on the ground yet either! I'm forwarding your response to my meetup. :p

Last weekend my group handed out well over 600 slimjims at a local event.

When we were done for the day, I walked the street and found about a dozen slimjims in the trash and only 1 on the ground. Not bad, 13/600+