PDA

View Full Version : Illustrating why drug-growers want drugs illegal

Fox McCloud
03-24-2010, 05:21 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36025681/ns/us_news-life/

I found this article very interesting and telling....definitely shows protectionism rearing its ugly head in California...it's to the point that some of the pot growers are actually contemplating being against legalization of their product, for the simple that legalizing it would keep their profits higher.

not surprising, everyone wants to use the power of the state to seek an advantage over competitors....heaven-forbid we have to appeal to the consumer.

dannno
03-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Let me assure you that REAL cannabis growers want their product legal.

dannno
03-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Ok, I just read the article.. these people are talking out of their asses... this is ridiculous. Nor Cal grows the best herb bar none, it is due to the climate.. In fact, climate controlled indoor bud grown in nor cal is better than indoor bud grown in other climates, and I don't know why, but it is. Not only that, there is a huge amount of knowledge in that area about how to grow it. (see the article section: Holy Bud)

If cannabis is legal, the prices will go down.. but people will still demand the best quality!! They will still provide the best quality outdoor bud which will be cheaper to grow than indoor bud in other climates, and people will be willing to pay more for it.... and they will also be able to grow the best indoor bud.. I don't know what the concern is, except that they are opening themselves up to competition.. but that's a good thing for everyone in the long run!

speciallyblend
03-24-2010, 05:41 PM

exactly

squarepusher
03-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Ok, I just read the article.. these people are talking out of their asses... this is ridiculous. Nor Cal grows the best herb bar none, it is due to the climate.. In fact, climate controlled indoor bud grown in nor cal is better than indoor bud grown in other climates, and I don't know why, but it is. Not only that, there is a huge amount of knowledge in that area about how to grow it. (see the article section: Holy Bud)

If cannabis is legal, the prices will go down.. but people will still demand the best quality!! They will still provide the best quality outdoor bud which will be cheaper to grow than indoor bud in other climates, and people will be willing to pay more for it.... and they will also be able to grow the best indoor bud.. I don't know what the concern is, except that they are opening themselves up to competition.. but that's a good thing for everyone in the long run!

sorry Danno, gotta interfere here. Indoor is indoor is indoor.

Nor Cal is weed capital simply because all the those like minded people flocked to that area, due to lax laws and regulations, and also the vast parks and open land there gives a lot of privacy for indoor and outdoor growing. There isn't anything special about the climate there that makes the weed better, its just better growers, better genetics, etc...

As far as this article, the cash croppers will be hurt (if they dont adjust), but the average grower will probably be for it, sine they can sleep good at night being legal, and are growing for themselves and maybe a few extra people. The vast majority of growers aren't cash croppers (ie: warehouse/greenhouse growers) and will probably be for it (unless they realize it will lower their amount they can grow)

dannno
03-24-2010, 05:57 PM
sorry Danno, gotta interfere here. Indoor is indoor is indoor.

Bullshit.

Not saying you can't grow dank bud elsewhere, but you will not be able to grow bud as dank as norcal anywhere in the US that I am aware of...

Even so cal bud is inferior, indoor or outdoor. No matter who the grower is.

I haven't been able to figure out why, I just know that it's absolutely true..

dannno
03-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Where are you from SP?

Bruno
03-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Bullshit.

Not saying you can't grow dank bud elsewhere, but you will not be able to grow bud as dank as norcal anywhere in the US that I am aware of...

Even so cal bud is inferior, indoor or outdoor. No matter who the grower is.

The only way to know for sure would be for a norcal grower to start the same clones using the same grow set up in different climates. You could try bud in all fifty states, and still not be comparing apples to apples if you weren't smoking the same strains you've tried in norcal grown in identical conditions. For example, some growers use CO2, and some less sophisticated do not.

In summer in warmer climates, you might get some issues with temperature control, but otherwise, I'm agreeing that indoor is indoor is indoor (all things being equal except location of the grow room).

But I'd love to seem some studies done on it, because the topic of growing the best herb possible is fascinating. :)

slothman
03-24-2010, 07:37 PM

Yes, real growers want it legal.
Just like true Scotsmans want is a maniac.

awake
03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Free market forces would plunge the price and increase the quality. Criminals would be put out of business as their inferior and inefficient processes would become obsolete by an army of 17 year old enthusiasts.

speciallyblend
03-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Free market forces would plunge the price and increase the quality. Criminals would be put out of business as their inferior and inefficient processes would become obsolete by an army of 17 year old enthusiasts.

haha funny but true!

Inflation
03-26-2010, 04:11 AM

Damn straight.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3409/3313702032_25a70c0285.jpg?v=0

Let's just say it's something in the air. ;)

foofighter20x
03-26-2010, 05:58 AM

True.

Very much to be said here about the profitability of economies of scale.