PDA

View Full Version : So we're on the new server?

Perry
10-09-2007, 09:32 AM
I take it we're on the new server now? I did notice how quickly you guys moved. Couldn't have been down for more than a half hour. Any informed mods feel like sharing the new specs compared to the old for us tech junkies?
We are going to be swamped today. Today is the first test! :)

Bryan
10-09-2007, 09:37 AM
It's terrible but we had to abort the mission, so the new server sits.... We're working on it but not sure if it will happen by tonight... may be a bumpy ride.... :mad:

Perry
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
It's terrible but we had to abort the mission, so the new server sits.... We're working on it but not sure if it will happen by tonight... may be a bumpy ride.... :mad:

Well... What happened?

Matt Collins
10-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Yes, I didn't know what to do with my hands at 1am this morning during the downtime.... This thing is better than crack! :p

Perry
10-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Yes, I didn't know what to do with my hands at 1am this morning during the downtime.... This thing is better than crack! :p

I went and registered with ronpaulforum.com. :D Got one post in.:)

angelatc
10-09-2007, 10:08 AM

I can't even remember what else I used to read on the internet before I found these forums.

kylejack
10-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Make sure to disable search as the debate approaches...

Perry
10-09-2007, 10:16 AM
I can't even remember what else I used to read on the internet before I found these forums.

I spend a good deal of time on some other very large forums like Anandtech. They love/hate us over there.:)

constituent
10-09-2007, 10:49 AM

moderator raider.

Lois
10-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Just hope the forums working during the debate this afternoon -- nothing's more fun than watching a debate and reading/writing posts on the board, play by play. :)

Perry
10-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Just hope the forums working during the debate this afternoon -- nothing's more fun than watching a debate and reading/writing posts on the board, play by play. :)

I think I can pretty much guarantee it's going to go down.

steph3n
10-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I will avoid the boards and watch the debate so others can check the forums.

what is with 4PM debate tho?? what terrible timing! 2PM would have been great for businesses on CNBC 4-6 is just bad, right when people are trying to leave!

Matt Collins
10-09-2007, 11:13 AM
try http://forums.hannity.com

Bryan
10-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Search will be disabled with loads of 330+ people.

Make sure to disable search as the debate approaches...
Agreed. The chat room is the best place for the play by play and its on it's own server ... The chat also supports multiple rooms so if things move to fast in one just start another...

Save the forum for substantial posting / post-debate analysis. :)