PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck compares himself to Ben Franklin ?

SociallyRenderedImage
03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
It is clear that Glenn Beck is nothing more than a figurehead for Dick Armey's Freedomworks and the US Chamber of Commerce. It is still quite amazing that he is able to manipulate so many people, his real role is nothing more than to dilute revolt and convert the discontent into votes for the Republican party. A party which is no longer Conservative and bares no resemblance to the original party principles. I think Taft would classify Beck as a snake oil salesman.

With that said, I think this video is a good example of his contrived persona and false agenda. The video has slated breakdowns of his commentary.

YouTube - Glenn Beck Compares Illegals to African Slaves! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l4B9pQFwng)

The intentional misdirection in this is beyond ridiculous. African slaves were brought here against their will. Illegal aliens come here out of personal choice, nobody brought them here. Slaves were kept illiterate and uneducated on purpose, illegal aliens get free education up thru college, free medical and housing/food stamps, as well as welfare. They are free to roam about and even avoid prosecution based solely on their ethnicity. Slaves had none of these benefits and were hunted down based on their skin color. Slaves were beaten, illegal aliens from Mexico commit a substantial amount of our violent crime in per capita comparison.

Pseudo-Libertarians always make this bizarre assertion about open borders using some sort of anarchist logic. What these folks fail to see is that they are removing the individual intent from the illegals, render them as idiots unable to make up their own minds. In reality, crossing a desert and avoiding capture are very conscious activities, it is only political convenience to call them idiots, or in this instance slaves, they are actually free thinking, decision making humans. The comparison to slavery is by far one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

The attempt at making a comparison via education is beyond absurd, the illegals do get educated they just want to retain their native language and customs, as well as citizenship. What a smokescreen this is.

AuH20
03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
The comparison is not that far-fetched. They are essentially 'brought' here to be the subservient underclass as opposed to advance socially OR economically. Let's be serious here. Very few of these industries that depend on the immigration workforce care if their workers have a lackluster education. They're certainly not slaves but close to being indentured servants who will work for a pittance.

SociallyRenderedImage
03-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Actually they made an individual choice to come here. There is no possible "essential" in empiricism.

People like to dehumanize the illegal aliens from Mexico by pretending they are not cognitive beings and they come here like moths to a bug light. The reality is that the came here with regards to knowledge of the laws they would be breaking and the actions they would have to take to avoid being caught. They are individuals, plain and simple. It isn't acceptable to dehumanize people when it fits a political agenda.

But let's be realistic here, Glenn needs them to be in this category to push for amnesty (in the GOP "reform" manner).

Consider this video where he cozies up to and agrees with Linda Chavez! (http://www.youtube.com/user/America5487#p/u/3/0PSALDiGOME)

In this clip Beck voices his support for Linda Chavez a well known open borders zealot, who pushes for amnesty for illegal aliens from Mexico.

This came after Glenn Beck was the guest speaker at a dinner for the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, mc'd by Tom Donahue, head of the US Chamber of Commerce. Tom and the Chamber are amnesty supporters.

Quite despicable to have Glenn carouse with Chavez so giddily.

Depressed Liberator
03-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Fuck Beck.

raiha
03-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Well BF was fat and had a penchant for exotic women. That's about where the comparison ends. BF was intelligent and Beck is a toady.
And a toad as well.

haaaylee
03-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Beck wishes. Fuck, didn't he already think the was Paine? And then re-wrote his book? What nerve does one must have, and egotism, to re-write a founding fathers book. Get over yourself. You are NOT anything like them.

KCIndy
03-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Beck wishes. Fuck, didn't he already think the was Paine? And then re-wrote his book? What nerve does one must have, and egotism, to re-write a founding fathers book. Get over yourself. You are NOT anything like them.

LOL Haaaylee, you beat me to the punch. When I read the title of this thread I was going to comment that Beck has already compared himself to Paine and Paul Revere... I suppose he must think of himself as a one man revolution.

Too bad he doesn't have a clue as to what true liberty is all about... :(

Anti Federalist
03-28-2010, 12:57 AM

I actually read that thing (Beck's Common Sense).

He made the mistake of reprinting Paine's book at the end, which contradicts pretty much everything he said.

slothman
03-28-2010, 01:09 AM
He isn't like Franklin, libertarians are.