PDA

View Full Version : The View just mentioned Ron Paul

orenbus
10-09-2007, 09:29 AM
My sister reports to me (she was watching the View) that they
were talking about the Republican Top Tier and how they all
sucked (except the blonde girl of course defending Ghouliani)
and Joy Bayheart broke in and said "Well I guess you guys
haven't heard about Ron Paul"

She's been mentioning him a bit on the View lately, I'm thinking
we can probably mark her down as a supporter.

EvilEngineer
10-09-2007, 09:33 AM
I hate the blond bitch... she optimizes the brain washed neo-con.

ItsTime
10-09-2007, 09:35 AM
haha I was about to post the exact same post! My sister just called as well and said she saw him mentioned on The View.

wolv275
10-09-2007, 09:35 AM
When Jack Cafferty was on the view he was all pro Paul and the blond kept on interjecting "radical" when Cafferty said he the only one that brings "change" to the table...

ghemminger
10-09-2007, 09:36 AM
how can we get Rp on the view - that would be HOTT!

kylejack
10-09-2007, 09:38 AM

Frankly I think this is do-able. We'll need to engage the soldiers to contact The View and ask to have him on. When the producers run it by the ladies, Joy will probably jump on it as a great idea.

ItsTime
10-09-2007, 09:39 AM
The campaign would have to ask.

kylejack
10-09-2007, 09:40 AM
The campaign would have to ask.

Nah, we ask. Then they invite the campaign.

ItsTime
10-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Nah, we ask. Then they invite the campaign.

dont you think we should let the campaign handle where Paul goes? I mean we do not want another pissed off group of people because Paul turns them down.

JenHarris
10-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Someone else needs flowers? :) Thought that was a cute idea when they did it for Laura Ingram, and if someone knows how to figure out where to send them and they arrive before Friday she might mention it on Real Time.

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Frankly I think this is do-able. We'll need to engage the soldiers to contact The View and ask to have him on. When the producers run it by the ladies, Joy will probably jump on it as a great idea.

Now THIS is the way to get him on. Soldiers asking for him. :)

kylejack
10-09-2007, 09:46 AM
dont you think we should let the campaign handle where Paul goes? I mean we do not want another pissed off group of people because Paul turns them down.
Campaigns don't ask for interviews. Media asks campaigns for interviews. We have to create the demand for the interview. If the campaign wants to turn them down once they ask, that's fine.

RCA
Can someone post all the contact info here.

orenbus

the campaign listens to us on where he should go, we need name recognition, the view is a great for that. it will also introduce a HUGE number of women to Ron Paul, exactly what we need right now. The revolution banners I don't think work on women as well as guys.

kylejack
10-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Someone else needs flowers? :) Thought that was a cute idea when they did it for Laura Ingram, and if someone knows how to figure out where to send them and they arrive before Friday she might mention it on Real Time.

WHOAAAAA, you just blew my mind. We HAVE TO DO THIS.

LibertyEagle

I don't think this is a good idea, yet. Do you? If we do this, she might be accused by the blonde of being partial and then, she might not mention him anymore. Maybe we should lay back for a little while.

ItsTime
//

Campaigns don't ask for interviews. Media asks campaigns for interviews. We have to create the demand for the interview. If the campaign wants to turn them down once they ask, that's fine.

xcalybur
10-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Actually, this is brilliant. There was another post I saw that was talking about getting our polling numbers up by visiting where old people hang out. I think that the polls target mostly at home women and retired folks. Most of those watch the view. If we can get Ron Paul on there that could possibly boost his poll numbers nationally. Ron Paul isn't doing well with women right now anyways. I'm not sure why, but i think it has to do with his access to women. He isn't seen on shows that women watch. What woman watches CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, CNBC, and the like? They are watching daytime soaps, The View, Oprah, Ellen, etc. We need to puncture that market.

kylejack
10-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Ya really worked great with Beck...

I'm really baffled as to what happened there...why would the campaign turn down such a large audience? I have a feeling something sinister was going on behind the scenes.

orenbus
10-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Actually, this is brilliant. There was another post I saw that was talking about getting our polling numbers up by visiting where old people hang out. I think that the polls target mostly at home women and retired folks. Most of those watch the view. If we can get Ron Paul on there that could possibly boost his poll numbers nationally. Ron Paul isn't doing well with women right now anyways. I'm not sure why, but i think it has to do with his access to women. He isn't seen on shows that women watch. What woman watches CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, CNBC, and the like? They are watching daytime soaps, The View, Oprah, Ellen, etc. We need to puncture that market.

I agree with this, it's an untapped market that have not heard Ron Paul's message yet, we should make every effort to get the name out to new markets.

Omnis
Joy Behar is a total democrat. She might like Ron Paul for the primaries, but it'll take a LOT more to get her to vote for him in the general election.

brumans
E-mail your comments to The View here:

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/ask

Or you can snail-mail it to:

Have Your Say Today
The View
320 West 66th Street
New York, NY 10023

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 09:50 AM
The View is amazingly popular. This is REALLY a good idea, in my opinion. It certainly would be a good way for Dr. Paul to get in front of a lot of women. If the segment is long enough for him to let his guard down a little bit, I think a lot of women will really see him in a different light, than many have in the debates.

kylejack
10-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Joy Behar is a total democrat. She might like Ron Paul for the primaries, but it'll take a LOT more to get her to vote for him in the general election.
We don't want her vote. We want her hyping Ron Paul. Her vote is only a small concern.

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm really baffled as to what happened there...why would the campaign turn down such a large audience? I have a feeling something sinister was going on behind the scenes.

Well, the first time Beck invited him, Paul was offered a better interview on Blitzer's show, so they did that one instead. I would imagine another reason is because Beck has been a complete, insulting, ass, towards Paul. I, for one, would have thought it was going to be a complete setup. Now though, I think Beck has calmed down a little bit and he might just let Paul get a word out edgewise. I'm sure the campaign knows best.

kylejack
10-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Well, the first time Beck invited him, Paul was offered a better interview on Blitzer's show, so they did that one instead. I would imagine another reason is because Beck has been a complete, insulting, ass, towards Paul. I, for one, would have thought it was going to be a complete setup. Now though, I think Beck has calmed down a little bit and he might just let Paul get a word out edgewise. I'm sure the campaign knows best.

Paul hasn't hesitated to go on shows that insult him, though, which is why it seems so strange to me. Also, I can tell you that Beck is a lot better than certain other shows about letting his guests talk, even when he disagrees with them. Just don't get it...oh well.

orenbus
10-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Yea lets make opportunities happen! We give the campaign options and they can pick and choose which one they want to go with :)

orenbus
10-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Paul hasn't hesitated to go on shows that insult him, though, which is why it seems so strange to me. Also, I can tell you that Beck is a lot better than certain other shows about letting his guests talk, even when he disagrees with them. Just don't get it...oh well.

Yea really, if Paul can handle a session of Morton Downey Jr and a crowd of lunatics I think he's prepared for Beck or anyone else :cool:

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Yea lets make opportunities happen! We give the campaign options and they can pick and choose which one they want to go with :)

Exactly.

Omnis
10-09-2007, 09:58 AM
We don't want her vote. We want her hyping Ron Paul. Her vote is only a small concern.

Of course. Though, the point is that she'll always hype a democrat far more.

... Unless we step in. :)

JenHarris
10-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't think this is a good idea, yet. Do you? If we do this, she might be accused by the blonde of being partial and then, she might not mention him anymore. Maybe we should lay back for a little while.

Well I don't actually watch The View very often, like once a year maybe. But Joy never seemed one to be bullied. Having said that, I've never seen this blond everyone is referring to.

Anyway, I'm up for contributing if someone has details and the people here think it's a good idea, and not if they don't.

kylejack
10-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Well I don't actually watch The View very often, like once a year maybe. But Joy never seemed one to be bullied. Having said that, I've never seen this blond everyone is referring to.

Anyway, I'm up for contributing if someone has details and the people here think it's a good idea, and not if they don't.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck has been on the show for years. She plays the part of the 20-something woman on The View. She's a total Bush-bot. If I recall correctly, she replaced Lisa Ling.

This is her: http://www.durante-vita.net/images/blog_dv/2007_05/elisabeth_hasselbeck.jpg

Edit: Haha, I was reading her Wiki page and discovered that Barry Manilow cancelled an interview with The View last month because they refused to keep Hasselbeck off the set for the interview. AWESOME. First he donates $2300 to Ron Paul, then he body-slams Hasselbeck. I LOVE THIS GUY!

orenbus
10-09-2007, 10:06 AM

I agree, from the bits I've seen Joy Bayheart doesn't back down from a good argument and with the 5mil, the Republicans Top Tier being lackluster and this guy Ron Paul not getting the attention he deserves, I think she's found at the very least a pet cause to bring up on the show to argue with the blonde about. Even if the blonde finds out about the flowers which she probably won't it would be great cause it means more RP mentions on the View!!! This is a win-win. That show pretty much lives on drama exactly what Joy is looking for in bringing up Ron Paul if she isn't a supporter, which my sister is thinking she might be.

Ninja Homer
10-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Elisabeth Hasselbeck has been on the show for years. She plays the part of the 20-something woman on The View. She's a total Bush-bot. If I recall correctly, she replaced Lisa Ling.

This is her: http://www.durante-vita.net/images/blog_dv/2007_05/elisabeth_hasselbeck.jpg

Edit: Haha, I was reading her Wiki page and discovered that Barry Manilow cancelled an interview with The View last month because they refused to keep Hasselbeck off the set for the interview. AWESOME. First he donates $2300 to Ron Paul, then he body-slams Hasselbeck. I LOVE THIS GUY!

That bitch is a trained parrot with a bad case of diarrhea-of-the-mouth. If she ever formed a thought on her own, her head would likely implode.

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 10:17 AM

Her big claim to fame is that she was a contestant on Survivor. :rolleyes:

werdd
10-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Hasselbeck is so hot, she's just a paid personality, i doubt she beleives any of the shit that spews out of her mouth. She's playing the part of a dumb blonde, that i would totally do.

Noog
10-09-2007, 10:20 AM
I remember reading that RP already got an invite from them. I'm not sure if he tooke them up on it, though.